Every hiker always appreciates a well-designed backpack that can understand the challenge ahead for a wild adventure. Here, in this article of Osprey xenith 88 review we will introduce to a pack that will amuse you with its incredible features.
- Model Number: Osprey Packs
- Style: Deluxe backpack
- Size: Medium, Large, X-large
- Dimension: M: 34.2 X 16.1 X 17.3 inches , L: 36.2 X 16.1 X 17.3 inches , XL: 38.2 X 16.1 X 17.3 inches,
- Weight: M: 5 lbs. 4 oz., L: 5 lbs. 8 oz., 5 lbs. 11 oz.
- Color: Discovery Blue, Tektite Grey
- Volume: M: 88 L, L: 92 L, XL: 96 L
- Load range: 40 – 70 lbs.
- Frame type: internal frame
- Frame material: HDPE framesheet/ metal nylon peripheral frame
- Main fabric: 420D High Tenacity Nylon
- Accent Fabric: 210D High Tenacity Nylon
- Bottom fabric: 500D Nylon Packcloth
- Suspension: 3.5m LightWire peripheral frame
- Harness: NeoSpacer fabric
- Backpanel: Airscape
- Hips: M: 30 – 34 in., L: 33 – 37 in., XL: 36+ in.
- Torso length: Adjustable, M: 18 – 20.5 in., L: 20 – 22.5 in., XL: 22+ in.
- No. of stays: peripheral hoop/ aluminum center stay
- No. of exterior pockets: 8+
- Hydration compatible: yes
- Hip belt pockets: yes
Yes, it is Osprey xenith 88, you may have already seen from the title of the article.
Osprey xenith 88 is designed to carry your gear across remote areas of the earth. It is supremely comfortable to carry and offers exceptional organization.
Why should you buy this pack?
It’s a common question and the answer is here, xenith 88 is a large backpack and with its superb durability and rich features, it is worthy of your next adventure.
Osprey xenith 88 backpack is what you would regret to miss. This gear hauler supports long trips and heavy gear with the custom-fit harness and hip belt. To know more, let’s dive into the details before purchasing this super cool pack.
Osprey Xenith 88 Review | A-Z Discussion
The Osprey Xenith 88 is a perfect pack for carrying a heavy load of 40 – 70 lbs. Offering dual sized compression straps that stabilize loads and maintains a slim pack profile when not fully packed.
It is constructed with 3.5m LightWire peripheral frame suspension with the main body made of 420D high-density Tenacity Nylon, the accent is of 210D High Tenacity nylon, and the bottom is of 500D Nylon Packcloth.
NeoSpacer fabric of bioform4 harness that provides a comfortable fit and bioform cm hip belt provides firmness and stability in balance.
Osprey Xenith 88’s Air scape Backpanel and mesh-covered ridge foam allows maximum ventilation and keeps load closer to the body.
It features floating and a removable top lid with top and under lid zippered pockets that also can be converted into a Daylid daypack.
Dual side zips of this pack provide easy access to gear stored in the main compartment without removing the top lid.
This pack also comes with integrated FlapJacket to protect your gear when the top lid is removed.
Related: Osprey Stratos 50
You can easily keep your snacks and smaller items in the zippered hip belt pockets of this pack, just close at hand. For additional storage, this pack also comes with two zippered front pockets.
You can also store your water bottles or other items in the dual access stretch mesh side pockets.
Xenith 88’s external hydration reservoir sleeve can accommodate up to 3L reservoir and it is easy to access even when the pack is fully loaded.
Other cool features:
Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment of Xenith 88 allows to stow your poles in rough terrain or when you need your hands free.
Worried about keeping your sleeping bag? No more worries, because xenith 88 offers a zippered wide-mouth sleeping bag compartment with removable divider.
You can now keep your rain gear in the front hybrid nylon/stretch mesh pocket for easy access when skies darken or rain starts to pour.
Xenith 88 also includes other features like dual ice tool attachment points and sternum strap with an integrated safety whistle.
- 5 LightWire peripheral frame suspension and high-density Tenacity Nylon construction.
- 88 liter backpack with the ability to carry 40 – 70 lbs. of gear
- Mesh covered ridged foam for maximum ventilation and keeping loads close to the body.
- Floating and removable top lid with top and under lid zippered pockets that also coverts to Daylid daypack.
- Zippered hip belt pockets for storing small items, two zippered front pockets for additional storage, and dual stretch mesh side pockets for storing items like water bottles.
- Front nylon/stretch mesh pocket to store the rain gear.
- Large storage space
- Extra pockets
- Not suitable for short trips
Ques: What is the pack’s load range?
Ans: 40 – 70 lbs.
Ques: Is the hydration reservoir sleeve included with the pack?
Ans: No, it is sold separately.
We know it is hard for anyone to find the best backpack for their next adventure. So, here we come up with the best buyer’s guide you can ever find! Follow our guide step by step and find your best backpack.
- At first, select the type of your backpack from the three types available in the market. They are daypack, internal frame and external frame pack.
- Select the capacity of the pack according to how much load you are going to carry. For example, 30-40 L is best 1-3 nights trips, 50 – 80 L is for 3 – 5 nights and 70 L is best for 5+ nights trips.
- Now, measure your torso length and check it with the sizes available for your chosen pack.
- Check if your pack comes with all the important features like:
- Removable daypack
- Sleeping bag compartment
- Attachment poles
- Hydration reservoir
- Rain cover
At last thanks for reading this article of Osprey xenith 88 review. If it came useful for you then don’t forget to read our other article.
Let us know which feature of this pack have you liked most? Or which feature inspired you to buy this pack?