A good bag pack is always handy when it comes to camping adventure in different places. Right? So, if you are in search of a functional bag pack then you should have a look at the great Osprey Volt 60.
It is a perfect pack for hauling moderate to heavy loads in the backcountry. The bag has sufficient pockets, compartment, and clips yet it is quite lightweight.
It has a durable design, well-planned features, and a classic look at an affordable price. Cool, isn’t it? That’s why the Osprey is a favorite brand of many users.
And to inform you about its greatness our expert team has compiled and researched information for hours. So, you don’t have to move anywhere else where you can get everything you need in this review.
Coming ahead are 4 essential tips you should know before you purchase this bag. Alright, let’s start!
Look at some of its competitors:
Who needs this Osprey Volt 60?
You should know really you need it or not. So, answer this question and go ahead. Are you a passionate hiker? Or camper? Maybe Yes!
Well, the Osprey Volt 60 is a heavy-duty bag pack that is dedicated to all types of outdoor camping. It is super light and comfortable to carry over a long distance. Who doesn’t like a lightweight backpack?
The bag has one size that fits all adjustable torso and features a sleeping bag compartment. An integrated and removable rain cover is included to protect your bag from rain.
Moreover, you can store small essentials in its zippered hip-belt pockets.
And you are getting all these amazing things at a good price.
Overall, it is a smart and functional bag that a backpacker would love to carry in his adventures. I like it personally.
Osprey Volt 60 Review | Our In-depth Analysis
Weight and Size:
The Osprey Volt 60 is fairly lightweight but we can’t claim its featherweight. It weighs around 4.6 pounds and has a dimension of 13” x 14” x 33”. The bag is a 60-liter pack that has a sufficient inner space to fit all your essential items.
So, you can pack all the gears in this bag for 2-5 days of the backpacking trip. In this bag, you can remove or add different parts to reduce or gain weight as well.
Related: Kestrel 48 ultralight weight pack.
The Osprey Volt 60 is an extremely well-built bag with some excellent features. It has tons of strap adjustment to offer a perfect fit for varieties of body sizes and shapes.
Volt 60 comes with 5 inches of torso fine-tuning so that the user can find their balanced and comfortable spot. Besides, it is a nice choice for young backpacker since you also can adjust the torso length as they grow.
While the adjustable torso lengths are from 17″/43 cm – 22″/58 cm (M).
There is plenty of big sleeping compartment on the inner side of the bag pack. You can access it from a large zipper access port on the outside or from inside the pack as well.
Besides this zipper design is easy to close or open even when your bag is in the shoulder.
Furthermore, the pack includes straps for sleeping pad and it is positioned in such a way that it stands on its own when you put it down for a while.
These straps are adjustable and removable that ensure secure extra carry.
This bag also includes a Lower zippered sleeping bag compartment with removable divider. As a result, you can reduce the extra load whenever you want.
Volt 60 comes with an internal hydration reservoir sleeve that can easily hold 3-liter storage. You can easily install or remove the reservoir even when your bag pack is full of gear.
Well, it is an amazing inclusion that most other high-end bag pack doesn’t even features.
The bag has a huge top stretch mesh pocket that offers ample room for your required items. Also, it provides ventilation and keeps the load close to the body.
Related: Stratos 50 can be ideal for stylish backpackers.
The bag is made with “AirScape” foam and its back panel gives a precise density while its horizontal channels allow heat to escape for more ventilation.
This bag also features Fit-on-the-Fly adjustable hip-belt for a perfect fit and comfortable carry. Its soft edgeless padded mesh provides a smooth breathable contact surface.
Besides, the 3.5 mm LightWire peripheral frame helps in transferring the weight of the load to the hip-belt.
Both the hip-belts and shoulder straps are made with a breathable foam and mesh that is sufficiently dense. And you can easily carry the weight without feeling any strain on your collarbone and hips.
The bag has dual-lift attachment points. It keeps the main compartment load and weight functionally accurate regardless of your torso size.
Besides, this bag can carry load up to 40-60 lbs.
Related: See Gregory Baltoro 65 for pleasure backpacking.
Ease of Use:
The Osprey Volt 60 has a pretty basic design yet it has featured almost everything a backpacker wants. Besides, it is very easy to use just like any other bag pack.
The bag comes with some great amenities such as:
- A stretchy beavertail pockets
- Dual-zippered hip belt pockets
- One-liter water bottle pockets
- Lower sleeping pad straps
- A sleeping bag compartment with access zipper
- Zipper pockets on both side of its lid
- A shove-it pocket
- Stow-on-the-go trekking pole attachments
- Front/top-load water bottle pockets
- An integrated pack cover and many more.
Though Volt 60 has a basic design, you can see it has a long list of usable features. But don’t worry you can easily use it by following the given manual.
Well, these are some serious discussions about the Osprey Volt 60 bag pack. Now, let us move to learn some fun facts about this bag so you can remember better.
- The Osprey Volt 60 has a 3.5mm peripheral frame that can effectively transfer the shoulder load to the hips.
- It has Fit-on-the-Fly adjustable hip-belt that make sure you have a perfect fit and comfortable trip.
- This bag has a zippered sleeping bag compartment that has a removable divider so you can easily divide the load.
- You will love the edgeless padded mesh as it creates a smooth, breathable contact surface and supports your load.
- There is an internal reservoir sleeve located in the main body of the pack and a 1-liter water bottle pockets are also available.
- The mesh-covered ridged foam allows superior ventilation and keeps the load fitted to your body.
- Its AirScape back panel ventilates with the help of a harness that adjusts to fit a variety of torso lengths.
- The bag features an adjustable sternum strap with an incorporated rescue whistle that comes handy in need.
Alright, now let’s move to the spec part so we can see everything of this bag pack within a minute.
- Weight: 4. 6 lbs.
- Dimensions: 13” x 14” x 33”
- Frame: Steel alloy, 3.5mm LightWire peripheral frame
- Frame type: Internal frame
- Gear capacity: 60 lbs.
- Material: 210-denier ripstop nylon
- Adjustable torso length: Yes
- Torso length: 17”-23”
- Waist/hips: 29”-51”
- Bag access: Top and front
- Sleeping bag compartment: Yes
- Hipbelt pockets: Yes
- Suspended mesh back panel: Available
- Hydration compatible: Yes
- Reservoir capacity: 3-liter
- No. of stays: 1 loop
- No. of exterior pockets: 4 and the main compartment
- Gender: Men’s
- Color: Portada blue, Conifer green
- Easy to use.
- Durable design.
- Comfortable to carry.
- Large storage space.
- High-quality material.
- Loads can be divided.
- Water bottles may fall out from the frontal facing opening in the bag’s side pocket.
- You can’t remove the harness and it lacks tool loops.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Does this bag feel heavy to carry?
Ans: No, in fact, you can carry it comfortably over a long distance.
- Is it a heavy-duty bag pack?
Ans: Yes, it is.
- Can I adjust the torso in lengthwise?
Ans: Yes, you can.
Seems like you have almost read the entire article and now waiting for my most awaited tips. Cool! Now, I am going to share with you some tips that will come handy when you purchase this bag.
- If you are buying this bag from a real store then try it in person that means wear it and see if it is comfortable or not.
- Carefully, check out all necessary items of this bag pack is provided or not.
- Look for tear or damage.
- Lastly, if you are shopping online then always make a deal with trustworthy sites. While ensure they will provide you the authentic product with its necessary parts.
The Osprey Volt 60 is an amazing bag pack to try in all types of camping trips. With spacious inner storage, you can stash all your gear.
Besides you can divide the load if you feel heavy. After all, you won’t feel uncomfortable carrying this bag over long distances. It is already winning the heart of many users with all such great features and an affordable price.
We think you will like it too.
So, that’s all for now. We hope this Osprey Volt 60 Review will be useful to you while you buy this amazing bag pack. Thanks for reading.
Also let us know in the comment, which part of the bag you have liked the most?