Are you planning to buy a new backpack? Can’t decide where to start from? Then this article about osprey kestrel 48 review is what you need.
A backpack is a bag that comes with an external, or internal frames or even frameless. It is commonly used by hikers and backpackers. Some of the backpacks are designed to carry heavy stuff and some are for light materials.
We know how hard it is to find the best one from the wide ranges available in the market. That’s why we have done all the research for you and came up with the best backpack, Osprey kestrel 48. It comes in 3 colors also. Keep scrolling for more.
It is a light weighted backpack offering foam back panel and removable rain cover to keep your stuff dry from the rain. It’s a pack that you can take even in a 6 to 7 days trip. If you want to know more about this backpack then dive.
A Complete Osprey Kestrel 48 Review
Wait a moment, are you really looking for a backpack that can handle scratching through sandstone canyons, scrambling up snow-covered peaks, or dragging your gear for a day of trial work? Then Osprey kestrel 48 is ideal for you.
Kestrel 48 is made of breathable AirScape ridged foam back panel with adjustable torso length. It features an external reservoir sleeve that accommodates up to a 3L reservoir that simplifies refilling and protects pack content from spills. It comes with a load range of 20-35 lbs. and a packed weight of 3.59 lbs. for the size of medium/large.
This backpack is also integrated with a removable rain cover and features a fixed top lid with an external zippered pocket and under lid zippered mesh pocket.
Osprey kestrel 48 has a zippered sleeping bag with floating divider and side panel zip of this backpack provides quick access to the main compartment and all internal gear.
This osprey backpacker comes with dual tuckaway ice tool attachments and zippered hip-belt pockets. It also comes with dual upper reverse StraightJacket side compressions traps for tightening downloads and attaching bulky items.
You can also quickly attach and carry trekking poles with this backpack’s stow-on-the-Go-trekking.
- Breathable AirScape ridged foam back panel with adjustable torso length.
- External reservoir sleeve that accommodates up to 3L reservoir.
- Integrated with a removable rain cover to keep your backpack dry.
- Floating divider and side panel zip provides quick access to the main compartment and all internal gear.
- It features fixed top lid with external zippered pocket and under lid zippered mesh pocket.
- Dual tuckaway ice tool attachments and zippered hip-belt pockets
- Dual upper reverse StraightJacket side compressions trap for tightening downloads and attaching bulky items.
- Stow-on-the-Go-trekking to attach and carry trekking poles.
- Model number: Osprey Packs
- Dimension: 27 X 16 X 6 inches
- Weight: 3.9 pounds
- Color: black, loch blue, picholine green
- Main Fabric: 210D X 630D Nylon Dobby
- Accent Fabric: 420HD Nylon Oxford
- Bottom Fabric: 500D Nylon Packcloth
- Capacity: 48 liters
- Load range: 25 – 35 lbs.
- Pockets: 1 front, 2 side, 2 hip-belt zippered, 1 side zippered, 1 top, 1 under-lid zip mesh.
- Shoulder straps: padded
- Suspension: AirScape
- Frame: internal frame
- Adjustable torso harness: included
- Stretch mesh/ water bottle side pockets: included
- Integrated rain-cover: included
- Sleeping bag/ lower compartment: included
- Zippered hip-belt pockets: included
- Gear attachment loops/ daisy chain: included
- Additional main compartment access: included
- External hydration: included
- Waist-belt: included
- Easy to use.
- Offers rain-cover.
- Hip belt is big.
- Top pockets are not detachable.
Ques: Is this Backpack big enough for 7 days trip?
Ans: Yes, you can take it on 7 days trip.
Ques: What is the dimension of this pack?
Ans: 27 X 16 X 6 inches
Finding a perfect backpack can be hard. But there is nothing you should worry about. Because we have come with the best buyer’s guide for you.
At first, let us know how many types of backpacks are there.
This type of backpack is for carrying light-weight for a trip of 1 to 3 nights.
If you are looking for a backpack for a warm-weather trip that may last 3 to 5 nights then there are multiday backpack available in the market which is what you need.
For extended trips of 5 plus nights, you can go for backpacks with 70 liters or more. This type of pack can accommodate extra warm clothes for cold nights of trips.
Check the features of the backpack before buying one.
There are different types of frames like internal frames that are designed to keep a hiker stable, external frames which are for carrying heavy, irregular loads, and frameless backpacks that are for fasts and light loads.
Some backpacks come with a suspended mesh back panel so that you don’t get a sweaty back while you have a backpack against your back. So, there is a ventilation chimney at the back panels that promote airflow.
There are different types of pockets you can find in a backpack.
Elasticized side pockets:
These pockets stretch out to hold a water bottle and lie flat when empty.
They are for keeping smaller items or materials.
Hip belt pockets:
You can keep your smartphones, or snacks in these pockets.
These types of pockets are for keeping small items like a map, jacket or other loose, lightweight materials
If you expect rain while backpacking then you must find a backpack with a rain cover. This way you can ensure it is waterproof and keep your stuff dry.
That’s all we have for you, thanks for reading this article of Osprey kestrel 48 review and I hope you find your perfect backpack. If you liked this article then don’t forget to read our other awesome articles.
Which part of the content did you like most? Comment below.