A camper always misses the hot delicious meal of home when they are traveling. That’s why to give them the warmth of home food the MSR has released its second-generation Pocket Rocket 2 stove. It is a simple yet functional stove that encourages minimalist use. MSR Pocket Rocket 2 Review will cover your all queries right here.
This stove is very light-weight and the small size adds less to your backpack. This MSR Rocket 2 is designed with a powerful canister with built-in pot supporters. So, it provides excellent grip and fast boiling performance. It has an easy-to-use design that requires no priming before starting.
While you can cook a whole gourmet meal with its fully adjustable flame. Cool, isn’t it? Not only these things but there are also many features of this stove is going to impress you. And for your convenience, we have spent hours searching and compile every information about this stove in our article. Coming ahead are some great tips for you so you can have the best purchase. Alright, let’s start!
Some of its competitors you may also look at:
MSR Pocket Rocket 2 Review
Weight & Size | Design | Stability | Setup | Feature | Specs | Pros & Cons | FAQ and Buyer’s Guide
Why do you need MSR?
The MSR Pocket Rocket 2 is an ultra-light folding canister stove that fits very easily into your backpack. It boils 1 liter of water in just 3.5 minutes and has fully adjustable flame settings from simmer to a rolling boil. Now, in camping we need smart and efficient gear, right? So, this stove is very easy to use and needs no priming, preheating, or pressurizing. Thus, it saves your time and you from unnecessary hassle. Overall, the MSR Pocket Rocket 2 is a high-quality stove that you will get at a reasonable price.
Related: Coleman Peak 1 adjustable stove.
Weight and Size:
The MSR Pocket Rocket 2 is fairly lightweight and weighs around 2.6 ounces or 73 grams. A protective case is included with this stove so the stove and case altogether weigh around 4.2 ounces.
While it is a compact folding canister stove that has a dimension of 2” x 2” x 3” when collapsed. Also, it measures 4.8” x 4.8” x 3.6” when open.
A camper can easily fit this stove into his pocket. Just kidding, ha-ha! But it is true and you can toss it anywhere into your backpack, won’t even feel you are carrying one. Thus, it is perfect to carry on minimalist adventures like backpacking, hiking, trekking, camping, and global travel, etc.
Design and Stability:
The Pocket Rocket 2 is built with an easy-to-use design. You knew already that the stove requires no priming, preheating, pressurizing before starting it. You can simply turn in on and ignite it using matches or lighter.
The burner has fully adjustable flame settings that can be set from a slow simmer to a rolling boil mode. As a result, it gives you precision flame control that can also go from simmer to torch settings.
Moreover, the stove comes with WindClip windshield that protects the flame for reliable performance in varying conditions. However, there are some user complaints about the shaky performance of the stove during high winds.
Besides, the stove has 3-arm just like any other standard camping stove. This stove also features serrated pot-supports that can accommodate a wide range of pot sizes and styles. Also, it prevents the pots from slipping and gives a firm grip. Its robust pot supports provide excellent stability.
It can be fueled with high-performance isobutane-propane canister fuel. But it is sold separately. You can also buy other self-sealing threaded canister fuel that is available in most countries.
A good thing about this stove is it has fast boiling capacity. That’s why it can boil 1-liter of water within 3.50 minutes and lasts up to 60 minutes. So, with this stove, you can cook any type of quick snacks or a gourmet meal in your long-distant camping trips. But usually, this stove is perfect for minimalist and fast-and-light adventures.
Related: Jetboil Mighty Mo boils fast.
The setup is too easy which is needless for me to say anything. Anyways, just expand the stove arms and screw on to gas the canister and ignite it with lighter or matches. Later on, turn the valve to your required flame and enjoy your cooking experience with this great stove.
So, these are some important discussions about this stove. Now I will tell you some of its fun-fact so it will help you to remember things better. Are you ready? Okay, here we go!
- The MSR Pocket Rocket 2 is an ideal stove for beginners due to its ease of use features. It is a great backup stove with some high-quality equipment.
- No need to prime, preheat or pressurize before starting the stove. Just simply turn it on, light and you are ready to go.
- This stove offers a fast boiling performance and fully adjustable flames settings. So, you can cook a gourmet meal from a rolling boil to a slow simmer.
- It is compatible with self-sealing canister fuel that makes it a superb choice for global travel.
- Serrated pot-supports are featured in this stove that can fit a wide range of pots with different sizes and styles and it prevents slipping.
- It is an ultra-light and compact size camping stove that can easily fit into your backpack and feels no weight at all.
- An ultralight hard-shell carry case is included to protect cookware and other stuff of your pack.
Okay, let’s have a quick tour at the specs part so you can learn everything about this stove within a minute.
- Product’s weight: 2.6 ounces or 73 grams
- Packed weight with case: 4.2 ounces
- Dimensions: 5” x 4” x 7.2”
- Collapsed dimensions: 2” x 2” x 3”
- Open dimensions: 4.8” x 4.8” x 3.6”
- Fuel Type: Canister
- Fuel: Isobutane-propane
- Burn time: Approximately 60 minutes.
- Average Boiling Time: 3 minutes 50 seconds
- Manufactured: Made in the USA
- Best use: Backpacking, Hiking, Trekking, Camping, and Global travel
- Extremely lightweight.
- Fully adjustable flame.
- Includes ultralight hard-shell carry case.
- Fast boils.
- Users complain about its loose performance during high winds.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- Is it durable?
Ans: Yes, it is.
- Do they include isobutane-propane fuel canister?
Ans: No, you need to buy it separately.
- Will it be fuel efficient?
Looks like you have completely read the article above. Okay great! Some essential tips that will help in your purchase. Check below:
- Try to have a stove that gives a maximum 1-hour performance.
- Look for compact sizes and folding canister stove.
- Always go for a stove that can greatly perform in any type of weather conditions.
- If you are buying it from a real store then look for any hole or damage. And make sure you are getting all the expected equipment with this product.
Again, if you are purchasing from online then make sure it is 100% real product and the site you are ordering provides great customer service. You can also check out Amazon for great deals and sales.
The MSR Pocket Rocket 2, its name speaks everything. Small size, big explosion, ha-ha! Well, it is the perfect portable stove you can have in any minimalist adventures such as camping, hiking, trekking, and many more. It is both durable and efficient. Plus, it is designed to provide you a quick hot heal meal or coffee after a tiring day.
So, it’s the best bet in this price range. That’s all for now. I hope our Pocket Rocket 2 Review will be much helpful while you shop for the right stove for you.
Thanks for reading!
Let’s us know in the comment section, which part of the stove you have liked most.