It’s a great idea to spend some time in the wilderness with your family or friends. As it is a superb way to create bonds and experience new things with each other. In this way, we can connect to the real world by leaving the hustling schedule away for a while. Marmot Limestone 4P Review can help you to know details below.
Have a quick look!
Now read more to know everything in depth, family hiking or hiking in a group has many benefits for us. Such as enhanced physical and mental health, develop self-confidence, calm down stress, and build-up creativity, etc. So, hiking on a group requires a good shelter where you can chill and rest together after a long day of hiking.
Last year I went on a hiking trip to the Redwood forest of California with my few friends. This forest is well known for its coastal walks. So, we lived there in a perfect tent that I will be discussing in this Marmot Limestone 4P Review.
Well, Marmot is a company that manufactures professional-quality outdoor tents or gears. Besides they are scientifically designed for peak performance, no matter what is the conditions. Furthermore, it is the most comfortable and convenient tent for any group camping or hiking. That’s why I have picked up Marmot.
So, if you’re further interested to learn more about this tent then keep reading this whole article.
Marmot Limestone 4P Review | Read To Know Details
The Marmot Limestone 4P is a lightweight and durable free-standing tent that is suitable for 3-seasonal use. It can easily fit 4 people inside and provide more space and headroom. This tent weighs around 10 lbs. 8 oz and it has a dimension of 63″ x 86″ x 100″.
The rainfly of this tent is built with 68-denier ripstop polyester. Again, the canopy fabric used is 40-denier polyester no-see-um mesh and 68-denier polyester taffeta. Here flooring material used is 150-denier polyester Oxford.
This tent is structured with 1 super-size double door and 1 rear D-shaped door with a broad front vestibule. Due to this vestibule, you can easily keep all of your gear of stuff inside for dry storage. You can easily enter and exit the tent due to its double door.
Here, the floor size is 59.7 square feet that are seam-taped to prevent leakage and keep the tent dry. Plus, it is a catenary-cut floor with straight edges at the perimeter that elevates floor space.
The rainfly of this Marmot limestone 4P is durable and seam-taped that provides full protection from the rain. Plus, it has full coverage Velcro vents for excellent air circulation and it keeps the water out of the tent. Besides the catenary cut, the fly and tent body is designed to increase airflow and the hiker cooler and dryer inside.
The Marmot Limestone 4P tent has zone pre-bend construction. It creates vertical interior walls and it provides a huge sleeping area and extra headroom for the hikers. This tent has a double zipped front vestibule that opens up to create a creative space with it. So, you can utilize this standard vestibule as a storage area for your necessary elements.
Besides the ceiling and the upper walls are built with full mesh material. And it provides you the option to stargaze at night, let more air or light inside the tent. There are gear pockets smartly positioned inside the tent walls such as one in each under the corner, one under each door and a few more in the opposite corner above.
Like I said earlier this tent is perfect for 4 people and it plenty of spacious. So, all can stay inside this tent comfortably. However, if they feel it’s a tight space for then they can opt for Marmot 6 people tent. Find more tents here.
The Marmot Limestone 4P has a super easy setup. It takes around 7-10 minutes to set up the tent. But there’s a small problem with the rainfly. Here, the ends of the two side-wall poles divert away from the tent main body. As a result, the fly tends to get hung up to them.
So, stretching it over the tent might be tricky and problematic as well. However, it won’t be a problem if you take help from another person to pull the fly over the tent top. Besides, this tent includes color-coded easy pitch clips and poles with sleeve-clip, together these things make pitching fast and simple.
I think the Marmot Limestone 4P tent has a good balance between quality and price. It’s neither cheaply built nor the most top-grade tent. But the price of this Limestone 4P and its function goes hand to hand. So, you will never regret buying this tent moreover you will be making excuses to get it. Overall, it’s a nice deal.
- The zone pre-bend architecture of this tent generates vertical interior walls that provide greater sleeping area and ample headroom.
- It has a seam-taped full-coverage rainfly with Velcro vents that keeps your tent dry allowing more air in and water out.
- This tent comes with color-coded “easy pitch” clips and pole sleeve clip of which combination makes tent set up easy and fast.
- There are 2 D shaped doors and 2 vestibules in this tent for the storage of gear. Moreover, this tent features a freestanding design.
- The tent features interior pockets that store small essential things neatly assembled and give easy access to these.
- A cool feature of this tent is the lampshade pocket. This pocket firmly holds your headlamp so you light up your interior space.
- The floor has a catenary cut with straight edges at the perimeter that increases floor space and it is seam-taped to resist leakage.
- Product’s weight: 10 lbs. 8 oz
- Dimension: 63″ x 86″ x 100″
- Floor area: 60 sq. ft
- Peak height: 61”
- Design: Freestanding
- Poles: 4
- Door: 2
- Vestibule: 2
- Sleeping capacity: 4
- Season: 3-seasons
- Pole material: DAC DA17 Aluminum
- Floor fabric: 150-denier polyester
- Rainfly Fabric: 68-denier ripstop polyester
- Canopy: 68-denier polyester taffeta, 40-denier polyester no-see-um mesh
- Footprint: Not included
- 100% waterproof rainfly.
- Color-coded easy pitch clips included.
- Easy and fast setup.
- It can withstand heavy rainfall.
- Interior pockets store essential small gears.
- More headroom.
- Catenary-cut floor.
- Moderate price.
- Suitable for 3-seasons.
- Good ventilation.
- The footprint is not included.
- A bit tight space for 4 persons.
- The Rainfly setup is slightly frustrating.
- Will this tent provide full protection from heavy rainfall?
Ans: Yes, it is made with 100% waterproof material.
- What is the purpose of color-coded poles and clips?
Ans: These things help to take the stress out of the tent setup.
- Do they provide a footprint with this series of the tent?
Ans: No, they don’t. But you can buy them separately.
If you are buying a tent then it is better to buy it at the end of the season in the sales. As a result, you will get a good discount. Again, before buying make sure you check the tent carefully for any leak or damage. Lastly, if you’re shopping online then always purchase from a trustworthy site.
So, that’s all for now. Overall, the marmot limestone 4P is a nice tent that is durable and lightweight and perfect for family or group hiking. I am sure you won’t be disappointed with this tent. Thanks for reading our Marmot Limestone 4P Review. I hope this article will help you somehow to get the right tent. For more articles like this, you can check our website.
In the same product above you may have marmot limestone 6p review, marmot limestone 6p with footprint, marmot limestone 4p with footprint as well. So check this out, Thank you.