Are you someone like me who loves their vacation filled up with adventure and fun of camping? Then come here mate, give me a “Hi-five”! Well, camping outdoors always makes me happy and boosts my mood. It’s a great way to keep in touch with mother nature. This Big Agnes Tiger Wall UL2 Review will surely help you to buy it for your next camping.
Besides, I think we all need to enjoy the simplicity of life when it gets too hustling. And a lot of people experience serenity by trekking or camping in a remote area far away from the hectic land.
So, before camping, you need some preparation to set yourself. You might need some camping tips as well. Among these preparations getting the best tent for you is one of the important things. Thus, you should have a good tent for rest and shelter.
Keeping this point on view, today I am going to introduce you to an excellent-quality tent in Big Agnes Tiger Wall UL2.
As I said I love camping too and I go camping often whenever I get the time. So, I can understand your needs. Besides the Tiger Wall UL tents are rapidly becoming the most preferred series from the Big Agnes as technical backcountry shelters.
This series of tents features a minimalist design that has everything you need. While it includes dry-entry doors, integrated storehouse, and spacious ventilation. All these factors help to create comfort in the backcountry camping.
So, if you are further interested then keep reading the entire article to know more.
Big Agnes Tiger Wall UL2 Review | Ultimate Guideline
The new Tiger Wall UL2 consists of double-wall, 2-doors, and 2 vestibules. It is an ultra-light shelter that is great for the multi-day trips for gram counters. The design of this tent is simplistic. Yet it has strong pole architecture with DAC feather-light materials, interior storage pockets and mostly suitable for 2 people.
Though this shelter is listed as a freestanding tent by Big Agnes. It is actually semi-freestanding as it needs two stakes to angle out the tent’s foot. Well, now the thing is you have to cleverly pitch out the Tiger Wall UL2 with rocks to firmly hold the tent in its place. It is because, in high winds and foul weather, a semi-freestanding tent can’t hold itself well like a full freestanding one. But the lightweight, durable materials and design will make you want to visit your favorite camping sites all season long.
The Tiger Wall UL2 is categorized as the ultra-lightest tents available in the marketplace. It has a packed weight of 2 lbs. 8 oz that includes stuff stacks, tent stakes and rests other things one traveler carries. This tent is perfect for any ultra-light adventure such a weekend excursion or trekking. But with such a lightweight tent you need to compromise on a few things. Such as flimsy materials, compact interior, and a semi-freestanding architecture. But above all, it is easily carried in the backpacks that is a good advantage of this tent.
Now coming to the dimensions, the Tiger Wall UL2 tent has a floor-length of 86″ and a roof height of 39″. This tent features a tapered, unequal design where the width at the foot is 42″ and the width at the head is 52″. But it has a drawback on space. Though this tent is designed for two-person, it has a tight space and the length is on the short side too. Thus, we will recommend this tent for people under 6 feet in height.
This tent has DAC poles, creates a strong structure that is light and spacious. Beside the single-pole design helps to set-up and take-off the tent easily and efficiently.
The structured foot-end corners provide more functional space between your feet and the tent wall. Again, this tent features Velcro tabs that attach fly to the pole structure giving the right pitch and balance.
While this tent also features a large ceiling pocket and 2 interior mesh pockets to offer some good storage space. There is a media pocket placed above the sleeping area to keep your phones, tabs or other devices securely. Plus, it also enables clean earbud-cord routing from smartphones or other electronic tools.
The tent is quite airy due to the low vent feature on the vestibule doors. This feature allows more airflow to the tent while still providing full coverage to the vestibule. Plus, the vestibule zippers have double sliders that let you vent from the top or bottom. So, it is noticeable that the Tiger Wall UL2 provides a construction that is ideal for quick and light trail missions where every inch of space matters.
Like I said earlier the Tiger Wall UL2 consists of 2 doors and 2 vestibules. So, the dry-entry door design has storm flaps on exterior zippers. As a result, it helps to keep your tent interior dry as you enter or exit it.
Now talking about the zippers then they are not the best in my consideration. But it works fine. Here, each tent door has a zipper where one goes along the top and the other goes to the bottom. The main body zipper function well without snagging. However, the rain-fly zipper often needs two hands to avoid snagging mainly when it is wet. So, the tent’s rain-fly zipper might be a drawback in my opinion. In that case some waterproof tent will be suitable.
Yet another good thing is the tent has no built-in ventilation ports on the rain-fly. Otherwise, it will limit the ability of tent to regulate its fly condensation. Thus, the doors of the fly unzip from the top of each side. And features small hoods to cut off rain.
The Tiger Wall UL2 tent of Big Agnes comes ready to pitch. So, the tent setup is easy, quick and spontaneous. It has color-coded webbing and buckles that make the set up convenient. Besides the color-coded pole system and the rain-fly clips perfectly to the tent body. Again, the pre-cut guy lines and webbing over tent corners make it easily visible at night.
All seams of the tent are taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOCs) for protection.
Now, the Tiger Wall UL2 is pretty economical in comparison to other high-priced ultra-light tents available in the market. But the tent price is quite reasonable for this weight and quality. Hence, I think it makes a good balance between the quality and budget. So, if you want to see the current pricing of this tent then you can directly check on the Amazon.
- The Tiger Wall UL2 features a simplistic design yet a solid single-pole architecture. Such as interior storage pocket, DAC Feather-lite materials, and many more conveniences.
- This tent is extremely lightweight due to the minimalist DAC Feather-lite pole structure that gives stability to it.
- It includes a dry-entry door that helps to keep your tent interior dry as you enter and exit.
- The doors feature dual-zipper that has smooth closing and the prudent seam design gives a fresh view.
- This tent has structured foot-end corners that give more usable space between your feet and the tent wall.
- All the seams are taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOCs).
- Media pockets are available over the sleeping area that enables clean earbud cord routing from phones or other smart devices.
- The vestibule doors provide airflow due to its low vent feature and it still gives full vestibule coverage.
- Large ceiling pocket offers great storage space and the ultralight plastic clips connect tent body to the tent frame effortlessly.
- The single-pole design makes setup and take-down of the tent simple and efficient.
- This Tiger Wall UL2 tent comes pitch-ready with pre-cut guidelines and tensioners connected to fly.
- Packaged weight: 2 lbs. 6 oz.
- Minimum trail weight: 2 lbs. 3 oz.
- Seasons: 3-season
- Packed size: 18” x 5.5”
- Floor area: 86” L x 52” H x 42” B
- Design: Semi-freestanding
- Number of doors: 2
- Fly and Floor material: Silicone-treated nylon rip-stop with 1,200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body material: Light polyester mesh and nylon rip-stop
- Pole material: DAC Feather-lite NFL Aluminum
- Pole diameter: 8.7 mm
- Number of poles: 1
- Sleeping capacity: 2-people
- Ultra-light: Yes
- Footprint: No
- Additional amenities: Quick stash doorkeeper, Dual zipper doors, Two interior mesh pockets, Media pockets oversleeping area, Interior loops for connecting accessories, Tensioners connected to fly and pre-cut guidelines.
- Convenient architecture-2 doors, 2 vestibules.
- Ultra-light for a double wall.
- Ready to pitch.
- Fast and simple setup and take-down.
- Good storage space.
- Organized media pockets.
- Simple grip-zipper pulls.
- Ruminative guidelines and fabrics on tent corners.
- Solid and minimalist pole structure.
- Dry-entry door keeps the tent dry and fresh.
- Although fits 2 people, it is a tight space for them.
- Should be treated with care as it is made with thin materials.
- Though fly zip helps, it has no built-in ventilation ports on rain-fly.
- Rain-fly zippers have snagging tendencies.
- The included stakes are low-quality and need two extra stakes for storm guidelines.
- Is it a stable tent?
Ans: Yes, it is.
- Will it resist rain?
Ans: Yes, its rain-fly is made of waterproof material.
- Can I carry it on my backpack?
Ans: Yes, you can as it is super light.
- Does it include a footprint?
Selecting a tent is like selecting a home for yourself. So, be particular about it. There are tons of options available in the market. But make sure you don’t get lured by them. Whenever you’re going to purchase a tent always look for its built-quality, durability, and protection. Besides if you’re purchasing it online then always do it from a trustworthy site that has good customer services.
Overall, this Tiger Wall UL2 tent is a nice choice for camping in the back-country or any other places. It is a super-light, stable, and semi-freestanding design that makes it more desirable to the users. Plus, it provides a good amount of interior space and perfect for your backpacking trips. So, I think it is worth trying once.
Okay, that’s it for now. I hope you get the best tent for yourself too. And thanks a lot for reading our Big Agnes Tiger Wall UL2 Review.