A camper must have a good and comfortable sleeping pad. And talking about sleeping pad reminds me of this award-winning comfortable Big Agnes Air Core Ultra Pad. This is all about Big Agnes Air Core Ultra Review.
It is a durable and lightweight sleeping pad that a backpacker would love to carry in all of his trips. The Air Core Ultra Pad is another durable design from the Big Agnes. Its minimalistic I-Beam design shaves off weight and offers consistent stability.
Besides, it will be your best bet for summer camping as it is built-in advanced heat reflective technology for steady comfort. So, don’t you think it is a perfect sleeping pad in a moderate price range?
Don’t worry you will know it soon. But till then keep your eyes on the Big Agnes Air Core Ultra review since it has covered everything you want to know before buying a sleeping pad. Read some camping tips here.
Alright, let’s get started!
Big Agnes Air Core Ultra Review | A Complete Package
Weight and Size:
Firstly, I want to talk about weight and size. Because it means a lot, right? The Air Core Ultra Pad has designed to be ultra-lightweight and compact for 3-season use. Check best camping tents here.
It features a minimalist I-beam structure that reduces weight and provides consistent stability. This Air Core Ultra Pad comes without added insulation so it is lighter and packs even smaller than the insulated one. The pad weighs around only 23 oz and comes with a regular size rolling down to 4” x 8.5”.
Also, some experts say it is 5” in height and 6” in width. It has an outer thickness of 3.5″ and an inner thickness of 3.25″.
The Air Core Ultra is built of strong, super-light Ripstop nylon fabric with aviation-grade TPU lamination that adds extra durability. This sleeping pad has bigger outer chambers. It helps to make a more stable and smoother surface to keep you cradled in the middle of the pad.
Besides, to increase the stability of this pad, it is newly upgraded with I-Beam construction. Another great update of this pad is the feature of built-in advanced heat reflective technology. Would you mind reading some best camping chairs review?
This helps to provide steady comfort in temperature above 35F and it keeps you warm against the cold ground. For more durability, the Big Agnes has included a rugged, and precise lamination in this sleeping pad.
Moreover, the pad has updated its air valve to increase inflation and deflation speed. Now the high-volume valve provides efficient and easy inflation and super-fast deflation.
The pad has given antimicrobial treatment inside to resist microorganism growth. Have you ever seen this tiny sleeping bag?
A lot of buyers appreciate the comfort level offered by the Air Core Ultra. It is a lofty, lightweight pad that one can sleep like a post-hike dream. The pad has an inner thickness of 3.25″ that alleviates the common issues of sleeping on irregular surfaces. Also, this provides three inches of comfort over rocks and pine cones that are pretty comfortable. So, no matter how rocky or rough a place is, it can’t affect your good night’s sleep.
- The Air Core Ultra is designed with durable nylon fabric with aviation-grade poly-urethane lamination technology for superior durability.
- It has added built-in advanced heat reflective technology that provides great insulation against the cold surface.
- This sleeping pad includes a high-volume valve that allows for powerful and easy inflation and super-quick deflation.
- At the inner of the pad, there is an antimicrobial treatment to resist the growth of microorganisms.
- This pad consists of larger outer chambers that keep you comfortably cradled in the middle of the pad and won’t slip away when you’re sleeping.
- The Air Core Ultra features a minimalist I-Beam construction for reducing weight and offering consistent comfort and stability.
- Product’s weight: Long- 1 lb. 7 oz, Petite- 1 lb. 4 oz, Regular- 1 lb. 5 oz, Regular Wide- 1 lb. 9 oz.
- Height: 5”
- Width: 6”
- Dimensions: Regular Wide: 72” x 25” x 3.5”, Regular: 72” x 20” x 3.5”, Petite: 66” x 20” x 3.5”, Long: 78” x 20” x 3.5”
- Packed size: Regular wide-4” x 8.5”, Regular- 4” x 7”, Petite: 4” x 7”, Long: 4” x 7”
- Outer thickness: 3.5”
- Inner thickness: 3.25”
- Material: Nylon fabric with aviation-grade TPU lamination
- Sleeping capacity: 1-person
- Shape: Rectangular
- Stuff sack: Included
- Repair kit: Included
- R-value: Not available
- Gender: Unisex
- Warm weather ready.
- Aviation grade lamination.
- It has antimicrobial treatment inside.
- Ensure good sleep.
- Lack of an R rating.
- When under-inflated then it can feel bouncy.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is it suitable for a warm environment?
Ans: Yes, it is best suited for the warm environment due to its built-in advanced heat reflective technology.
- Does this pad come with a pump bag?
Ans: No, you need to buy it separately.
- Is this pad easily inflated?
Ans: Yes, the high-volume valve allows for easy inflation.
Whenever you’re buying a sleeping pad try it in person. That means to lay down on the pad as per your normal sleeping position and see if it’s comfortable for you or not.
If you’re purchasing it online then make sure you’re getting the exact thing that you’re asking for. So always try to make a deal with trustworthy online sites.
The Air Core Ultra is a good-quality and comfortable sleeping pad from the Big Agnes. It is the best bet in its price range and it worth a try. So, I am pretty sure you are going to like it too.
Alright, that’s all my take on this Big Agnes Air Core Ultra Review. I hope this article will help you the find the thing you’re looking for. Thanks for reading.
Let us know, what made you convinced to buy this lightweight sleeping pad?