Who says you live in an ancient era without power while camping? When you can have a generator for your total convenience. To make your camping extra amusing and comfortable there is no alternative to a generator. Unless you love to go with the “Bear Grylls” (wildlife adventurer) way. A generator is a useful camping gear to have if you planned for multi-days camping where you will be needing power supply constantly for daily activities. Now, selecting the best generator for camping from a collection of tons is quite daunting. That’s why we got you covered in this article. So, stick with us to unleash the top 10 generators suitable according to your demand.
You may also check our detail reviews of some best camping gears:
After researching for tons of hours we found these 3 best camping generator for all types of usage.
But before going through detailed reviews we will have a quick look at the things we should consider before buying a portable generator.
5 things to consider before buying the best camping generator:
First of all, try to have self-talk about what you are looking for in a generator. So, let me talk about size first. Since you need a generator for the camp then a small one will do a great job for you. Because you will be needing a moderate requirement of power supply for lights, heat, and fans, etc. Plus, it will be easy to carry and fits perfectly at the back of your car. Some generator has built-in carrying handle or comes with trolly for the ease of packing. You can also opt for a larger generator if you are doing a big group camping. Well, the thing is the larger the size, the more powerful it will be. So, choose as per your need.
As we know, Watt is the unit of power and it tells you what you can power up. So, the generator with more wattage allows you to power up more things at a single time. Before buying a generator, you should definitely look out at the running wattage. It is the moderate quantity of power that a generator will burn under normal conditions. You need to check it because if your power demand steadily goes above the running wattage every time, then it signifies you require a more powerful generator. Before shopping, gather a good knowledge of your wattage demands so it will help a lot in the future.
Try to go for a quiet or noise-free generator. Many manufacturing companies are nowadays producing generators with low decibel levels. However, they are a bit pricey but I am sure they worth it. Also, make sure your generator muffler is built with good quality.
Fuel efficiency is also an important factor to consider when buying a generator. There are many types of fuel such as gas, diesel, propane, or solar. Diesel is known to be a better option for fuel-efficiency. Again, if you opt to stay environment friendly then propane is a good choice for that. Also, you can use the battery-powered generator through recharging with solar panels. Now, gasoline is pretty easy to find and good to an extent until they start producing toxic smelling exhaust.
Lastly, you definitely lookup for the price. This point depends on your budget totally. A generator starts from $100 up to $1000+ in the market. But we know with great price comes great features. However, if you are tight on your budget then carefully pick up a good quality generator in your capacity. Don’t worry you will find tons of them. Just keep your eyes and ears on. We have covered everything in the article that you actually need.
Okay, now that you have seen what to consider while buying a generator, its time to show you our top 10 generator picks. Are you ready? Here you go.
Best Portable Generator For Camping | Top 10 Reviews
Discussed: Product details | Top features | We like | We dislike | Best for | Top 11 camping generator safety | Top 10 camping generator tips and more.
1. WEN 56200i Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator
- This 56200i WEN Generator is equipped with a 4-stroke 79.7 cc engine that generates 1600 rated watts and 2000 surge watts.
- You will specifically like this generator for its quieter operation than other regular generators. It produces only 51 decibels of sound when running at 25% load capacity and 55% decibels at 75% load capacity.
- There is an eco-mode in the generator that allows the motor to adjust the fuel utilization automatically when any appliances are plugged or unplugged to the panel. To simply put, it helps to control fuel consumption.
- Experts say this generator can run 4 hours with full capacity at 1-gallon tank and 6 hours at 50% load.
We like to camp in a serene and quiet place for inner peace. So, to maintain that level of tranquility we have brought to you the excellent WEN 56200i Generator. It is a very silent camping generator and produces no extra noise.
With a 4-stroke 79.7 cc engine, it is extremely quiet and produces barely more than 51 decibels sound when running at 25% load capacity. While it produces 55 decibels sound when running at 75% load capacity.
Thus, the US Department of Health and Human Services has compared its sound with the regular human conversation. So, you can guess how quiet it is!
This is quite a lightweight camping generator that weighs around only 48 lbs. While it also comes with a carrying handle making it more compact too. Besides it comes with a dimension of 18″ x 11″ x 18″. So, you can easily carry it anywhere with you.
The WEN 56200i generator is powered by gas and it includes an eco-mode that allows the motor to adjust the fuel consumption automatically. So, when plug-in and plug out the devices from the panel then this mode helps to control the fuel consumption. Plus, it also maximizes the fuel economy of the unit by preventing futile gasoline consumption.
Moreover, this generator generates clean energy that is 1600 rated watts and 2000 surge watts. While this also features EPA III and CARB compliant that means it produces clean environment-friendly energy.
The WEN 56200i can replicate a pure sin wave. Also, when there is no load it restricts the harmonic distortion to less than 0.3% and less than 1.2% at full range. Consequently, these make this generator perfect to operate your sensitive electronic appliances such as laptops, mobiles, tablets, TV, computers, iPods, etc.
Here, the fuel tank has 1 Gallon capacity. So, the generator can run for 4 hours with full capacity at 1-gallon fuel and 6 hours at 50% load.
The generator features one 5V USB port and two three-prong 120V receptacles, one 12V DC receptacle to connect your devices. Plus, it also features a WEN Parallel Kit to link two WEN generators in case you need to increase your power supply. This parallel kit increases the total wattage that can be dragged from the parallel kit and the particular outlets on either connected generator.
Lastly, the generator is set up with a low-oil indicator and it automatically shuts down when the unit is running low on fuel. For the generator safety, the WEN features overload protection and it safeguards any electronic appliances from damage as well.
For customer satisfaction, WEN provides a 2-year warranty and you can contact their consumer helpline if any issue arises in your generator.
- Fuel efficient.
- Runs for 4 hours straight with 1-gallon fuel.
- Produce clean environment-friendly energy.
- Neatly pouring oil in the tank is quite tough.
- Cleaning and draining are also quite challenging on this small generator.
The WEN 56200i is a fairly quiet generator so it is perfect for campgrounds, construction sites, tailgates, and power outages.
2. Rainier R2200i Portable Power Station Outdoor Inverter Generator.
- The Rainier R2200i has a fuel tank capacity of 1.2 Gallon that can run up to 13 hours straight.
- It is a gasoline-powered generator that can generate power of 1800 Rated Watts and 2200 Peak Watts.
- This generator is super quiet and produces a calm sound that is as low as 52 decibels.
Here’s bring you another super quiet and portable generator from the brand Rainier in the series R2200i. It is a gasoline-powered generator that can run smoothly up to 13 hours. Plus, it can make a power of 1800 Rated Watts and 2200 Peak Watts.
This is quite compact and weighs around 44 pounds. Also, the generator has a built-in handle that makes its transportation here and there easy.
It can offer you a stable power source for all your sensitive devices and still manage to produce a hushed sound. So, it produces as low as 52 decibels sound. Besides its noise rating is recorded from a distance of 7 meters in a calm environment. So, this Rainier R2200i is considered as best quietest camping generator in our list.
It has a 79cc OHV 4-stroke engine that comes with easy access Recoil Start. Like the previous model, this R2200i also features eco-mode or economy mode. When this button is on, the motor automatically gets lower in its standby idle speed to cope up with the current demand of the load to save your engine from damage. Also, it gives your pocket relief by conserving fuel and maximizing fuel efficiency.
The generator comes with Low oil and Overload Protection alarms in the control panel. So, when your unit is running low on oil it will hint you before and the overload protection will prevent your electronic devices from potential damages.
These are the following things given in this Rainier generator:
- An output indicator in the generator,
- Two 5-20R 120V 20 AMP Household Outlets,
- One 12V 15 AMP DC Outlet,
- One Neutral Floating Grounding Port (protect from the short circuit) and
- A Stop and a Reset Buttons.
Here, you can increase your power supply with the parallel capability of the R2200i. It lets you pair two inverter generators together for joined force. Storing and moving these units is pretty simple due to their lightweights and compact sizes.
Besides this Rainier generator comes with EPA and CARB complaints.
- Super quiet.
- Easily transportable.
- Fuel efficient.
- Some people complain about the stop button.
You can have versatile use of this particular generator in recreation use such as camping, park, outdoor activities, power outages, emergency backup power, or for home use.
3. WEN 56235i 2350-Watt Inverter Generator with Fuel Shut Off.
- The WEN 56235i produces 1900 Rated Watts and 2350 Surge Watts of clean energy to serve safe charging to your sensitive electronic appliances.
- It comes with Fuel shutoff features that use remaining fuel in the carburetor before shutting down. As a result, it increases the generator lifespan.
- This is quite a lightweight generator that weighs around 39 pounds and features a compact size so you can move this to your campsite easily.
Looks like we got our hands on another generator from the brand WEN in the series 56235i. It is pretty much like the previous one I have discussed above. So, I am not going to bore you with the same details. Instead, I will talk about new things.
The body of this generator is ultralight and it weighs around 39 pounds. So that you can easily transport it to the campsite from your car. Perhaps, that’s why it is the best portable generator in our list.
It features a Fuel shutoff that uses the last bit of fuel remaining in the carburetor before shut down. Thus, it utilizes every single ounce of fuel and maximizes the generator’s lifetime.
Its 79cc 4-stroke engine produces 51 decibels sound at quarter load and at the same time provides powerful operation to your sensitive electronic gadgets.
The fuel tank has a capacity of 1-gallon and the generator can last for 10.5 hours with the quarter load. While it lasts 7 hours at 1 gallon of half-load run time. So, you can see this WEN 56235i is ultra-fuel efficient and offers enduring performance.
The generator is comprised of two three-prong 120V receptacles, one 12V DC receptacle, and two 5V USB ports. For customer support, they back this generator with 2 years of warranty.
- Fuel efficient.
- Long time performance.
- Easy to carry.
- Some complaint about the claim of the produced watts to be wrong.
You can use this generator for a park, campsite, outdoor activities, or other recreational purposes.
4. Honda EU2200i 2200-Watt 120-Volt Portable Inverter Generator.
- The Honda EU2200i generator features an exclusive Eco-Throttle system which provides excellent fuel efficiency.
- It is equipped with the powerful Honda GXR120 engine. So, it serves 10% more power that is around an extra 200 watts along with the actual produced power of 2200 watts.
- Runs smoothly for 4.0 to 9.6 hours on a single tank and sometimes depends on the load too.
Here’s presenting you with the world-famous brand Honda’s EU2200i generator. This inverter generator is quite popular in the market. And why not? It is equipped with Honda’s powerful GXR120 engine. This engine helps to produce 10% more power that is around more than 200 watts with the naturally produced 2200 watts.
So, this makes it a reliable power source that is good to run your sensitive electronic devices like TV, mobile, computer, laptop, tablet, or even kitchen appliances, etc.
Again, this EU2200i inverter generator is fairly fuel-efficient due to its Eco-Throttle System. Plus, your neighbor will be pleased for such a thoughtful addition of this quiet generator that produces 48 to 57 decibels sound. The produced sound is almost similar to the normal human conversation.
With its weight around 40 pounds, it is super lightweight and you can easily move it anywhere.
This generator can finely run for 4.0 to 9.6 hours on a single tank and it also may depend on the load. That’s why it will be a perfect choice for over-night power and long-time use.
If you need more power supply then you can add a second EU2200i generator. These two similar models can be paralleled with an extra cable for a power up to 4400 watts. Plus, it provides 120 Volts.
For user alert and safety, they have used three signals such as oil alert, overload alarm, and output indicator. Besides some following user-friendly features are also added for the ease of use. Such as:
- A smooth and light effort recoil starts.
- The spout is designed to be large to avoid spillage of oil.
- An oil drain gutter is provided for easy and clean refueling of oil.
- A fuel shut off valve is featured that allows the engine to operate with the fuel supply off. Besides, it avoids issues related to out-of-date fuel.
- For easy starting, color-coded startup points are provided.
- The generator has a path for increased ventilation that enhances airflow within the unit and keep the key components cool.
So, all these amazing features add great values to the generator and make it the best camping generator in our list. Therefore, it definitely worth a try.
- Fuel efficient.
- Long-lasting performance.
- Great and innovative features.
- Recoil start may create a problem at initial tries.
It is a great generator to use in camping, home, job, or outdoor activities.
5. SNUGMAX Vickers 200 Portable Power Station.
- The SNUGMAX Vickers 200 can be recharged using solar energy so it has a built-in solar MPPT controller. Hence, it saves your money from buying fuel.
- It is equipped with an LCD monitor to track residual quantity, real-time display, and remaining battery power.
- For the fast charging of your devices, the generator features 1 Type C port. Besides, it has 3 USB ports to mitigate your further power supply.
Are you a big fan of the solar-powered generator? Then this is your call. We bring you such a generator Vickers 200 from the brand SNUGMAX. It has a built-in solar MMPT controller that supports you to charge the generator by connecting to a solar panel (sold separately). The solar charging gets more efficient with MPPT Automatic Power Tracking. It is a mini size generator with built-in 222Wh Lithium battery. So, you require no fuel or gasoline to run the generator. Moreover, this facility brings you durability, efficiency, and great performance.
This Vickers looks quite like a shoebox and takes only a small amount of storage area. Plus, it is designed to be pretty lightweight that weighs around only 4.6 pounds. There are two foldable handles so you can carry it with your hand without feeling the excess load. Besides, the generator looks pretty stylish in design and color.
It has multiple outputs such as 2 AC outlets with Pure Sinewave that improve safety and compatibility. Plus, 2 DC Ports, 3 USB ports, and 1 Type C port for fast charging of your devices. Now, these 2 DC ports can enable your CPAP machine, intercom, sound, etc.
To track various data of your generator, it is equipped with an LCD monitor. This monitor keeps track of the residual quantity, remaining battery percentage, and real-time display. Besides, there are 5 grids in the display monitor and they are comparable to full power. So, with 20% power used 1 grid will disappear. Besides, it has a cute small size SOS LED flashlight to light up your space at night.
For reliable protection and to avoid certain electrical accidents, this generator is designed with circuit protection. It protects you from the harm of short-circuit, overload, under-voltage, and over-temperature. Another great feature is when the DC standby beyond 30 seconds the generator shuts down automatically. This happens to reduce energy loss and enhance power retention.
The expert estimated that your generator will last for 9-10 hours with the recharged solar energy. So, they claimed you can charge your laptop around 4 times and mobiles 40 times. In our opinion, it is the best solar powered generator for camping. It is definitely worthy of a try.
- No fuel is required.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Provides reliable protection.
- You can’t use it for devices over 200W.
It is a super quiet generator so you use it for camping, party, or any other outdoor activities.
6. Westinghouse iGen2500 Portable Inverter Generator.
- The Westinghouse iGen2500 is a gas-powered inverter generator that produces 2200 Rated Watts and 2500 Peak Watts.
- It can run up to 10 hours on a 1.0-gallon gas tank. Plus, it is strong enough to operate all domestic appliances.
- There is an “Economy Mode” in this iGEN2500 inverter generator for maximizing fuel efficiency.
This time we got you the Westinghouse iGEN2500 inverter generator. It is quite lightweight that weighs around 48 pounds and has dimensions of 19.70 x 11.22 x 17.91 inches. Also, comes with a built-in handle. So, it is a portable design to carry around anywhere easily.
This generator can produce 2,200 running watts and 2,500 peak watts. Besides, it is powered by a 4-stroke OHV engine that is designed to adjust its speed according to your need for improved fuel efficiency.
This is a gas-powered inverter generator and features two 120V 20 Amp outlets, Two USB outlets. It can run for 10 long hours with only a 1.0-gallon gas tank. And it produces clean and stable power that is less than 3% THD. Moreover, it is stable enough to run all your domestic devices such as TV, computer, laptop, and smartphones, etc.
The generator is extremely quiet which produces sound as low as 52 decibels. It comes with an “Economy Mode” that maximizes fuel efficiency.
There is a rotating LED display in the generator that indicates you about power output, remaining run time, voltage output, fuel level, and lifetime remaining.
This iGEN2500 generator has EPA and CARB complaint that ensure clean and safe energy.
To increase your power supplies, you can connect your generator with another similar iGEN2500 inverter generator with a Westinghouse inverter parallel cord.
Considering the overall things of this generator, this is the best small portable generator for camping.
- Produce clean and safe energy.
- Fuel efficient.
- LED display keeps tracks of various things.
- Some users find it hard to use the recoil to start after using it for a while.
It is a nice inverter generator that can be used at home, park, camping, party, or even small shops.
7. A-iPower SUA2000iV 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
- This A-iPower generator is designed with “Low idle” technology for long run time.
- It produces 2,000 starting watts and 1,600 watts of safe and clean energy for your sensitive appliances such as laptops, TV, computer, or mobile phone.
- You will get to hear low sound from this generator that is as low as 58 decibels.
Looks like this time we got you an A-iPower generator in the series SUA2000iV. It is a gas-powered generator that produces 2,000 starting watts and 1,600 watts of safe and clean energy for your daily essential devices.
The generator is pretty much lightweight and compact. It weighs around 46 pounds and has a dimension of 22 x 13 x 20 inches. Plus, it has a built-in handle to enhance its portability.
While it features a 79cc engine that produces sound as low as 58 decibels. Hence, your neighbor will thank you for such thoughtful addition.
This generator design is completed with A-iPower’s “Low idle” technology that gives you a continued runtime. Moreover, this inverter generator produces pure sine wave power for the safe operation of your appliances.
There are two outlets in the generator such as one for 20A household outlet and the other one is 30A outlet. Besides, there are 3 signal lights for low oil alert, overload alarm, and output indicator. Also, it has a built-in fuel gauge that indicates you when it’s time to refuel the generator.
Proper airflow is important to keep the internal key components of the generator cool. So, there is a ventilation system in the generator for good airflow. So, considering everything we think this is the best generator under 500 dollars in our list. Trust us, it will be a good choice for you if you want to stay in your budget.
- Prolonged runtime.
- Moderate price.
- It is esteemed to be less fuel-efficient.
This inverter generator is perfect for camping, tailgating, and travel.
8. Westinghouse WGen7500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator.
- The WGen7500DF generator features an electric push-button start with a remote key fob. So, say bye to the old recoil cord start.
- This generator can be operated on both gasoline and propane. You can effortlessly switch fuel sources while the generator is running.
- It is equipped with 420cc 4-stroke OHV air-cooled engine that can run up to 16 hours on a 6.6-gallon fuel tank.
Looking for a large and powerful generator? We consider your wish and brought you the Westinghouse WGen7500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator. This generator is designed with lots of excellent features.
It can run on both propane and gasoline. So, you can switch to anyone depending on the occasion. Besides, when your unit is operating you can easily switch fuels.
The generator can produce 7500 rated watts and 9500 peak watts on gasoline. Also, it produces 6750 rated watts and 8550 peak watts on propane. The fuel tank capacity is 6.6 gallon and it comes with a fuel gauge that indicates the time when you need to refuel. Most importantly, it can run for 16 hours straight on a 6.6-gallon fuel tank (25L).
Now, say bye to the old fashion recoil start with its electric push-button and remote key fob. With a single push, you can start the generator. As simple as that. Plus, you can turn on the generator from a distance of 109 yards away with the help of the remote start key fob. The cool thing about this generator is it has an onboard battery charger port that extends the battery life of your unit. That’s why your WGen7500DF generator will start right up when you require it the most.
So, it is a huge generator with a heavyweight that weighs around 194 pounds. But don’t worry they have great features to ease your worry about transportation. This generator is designed with a built-in foam grip handle and never-flat wheels. Plus, it offers you rock-solid dependability that can be easily handled anywhere you go.
There are intuitive control panel features such as two GFCI 5-20R 120V household. Duplex outlets and one having 120/240V 30A L14-30R twist-lock outlet. These outlets are covered with rubber for added protection.
Well, this mighty generator is comprised of a 420cc 4-stroke OHV engine that features an enduring cast iron sleeve. Besides it also features low oil shutdown and digital hour meter.
Apart from these, there are extras in the generator such as 12V battery charger, and oil funnel, oil, and a tool kit and a manual guide.
Besides cleaning and maintaining the generator gets pretty easy with the Automatic Low Oil Shutoff and a built-in fuel gauge. So far, the Westinghouse WGen7500DF is one of the highest quality portable generators in the market these days.
That’s why we have listed it as the best dual fuel portable generator. Hope you will realize too when you will use it.
- Runs on dual fuel.
- Strong and durable.
- Enduring performance.
- Easy starting.
- It might be noisy.
Since it is a large generator then it is best for large camping groups, construction sites, or offices. Also good for home use.
9. Rockpals 250-Watt Rechargeable Lithium Battery Pack Solar Generator.
- The Rockpals 250W has a large power capacity of 64800mAh. It is compatible with most of your electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, radio, and light, etc.
- This is a solar-powered generator with MPPT technology that helps to recharge in 40% faster time from the solar panels. Also, the generator gets fully recharged in 9-10 hours under good sun conditions.
- It can provide 250 running watts and 300 surge watts of 120V pure sine-wave AC power. The pure sine wave technology safely powers up all the electronic devices by producing clean and stable electricity.
We are about to end of the top 10 reviews with another solar-powered generator is on our list. This time it is from the brand Rockpals. The generator is extremely lightweight that weighs around only 5.5 pounds. While it has a dimension of 8.86 x 3.94 x 6.30 inches.
It comes with high capacity lightweight lithium polymer batteries 240WH (3.7V 64.8Ah/12V 20Ah). The generator has built-in 3.7V 64800 mAh higher capacity battery.
So, these batteries are strong enough to charge a smartphone (2500 mah) 25 times, laptop(50W) 3-5 times, 32″ TV (75W) 2-3 hours, and mini car refrigerator (60W) around 4 hours. Plus, many other small appliances like these can be charged.
You can recharge the batteries in the three following ways:
- The generator can be charged from the sun using any compatible 60W or 100W solar panel.
- You can also fully recharge the battery within 8 hours by plugging it into the wall outlet.
- This portable generator can also be charged by plugging into your 12V car socket.
Furthermore, this generator features two USB charging ports, two ground AC outlets, and one DC input port, and four DC output port that includes a 5.5 mm DC jack. So, the batteries can produce power of 250 running watts and 300 surge watts. Plus, it also produces 6A at 12V DC, 3A at USB ports.
You can charge a laptop, TV, monitor, fan, lamp, lights, modem, and router, etc. with the universal outlet of dual 120V AC port. Plus, with 4*12V DC port, you can charge your car powered gadgets under 60W. Such as CPAP machine or car- fan, vacuum, etc. Lastly, with 2*5V USB ports, you can charge your phones, camera, iPad, GPS, RC helicopter, etc.
Also, this Rockpals 250W portable generator features pure sine wave technology. It is better than the modified sine wave and generates clean power like utility-supplied electricity.
There are fans inside the generator for ventilating the internal key components. So, you might hear a slight sound when running. Other than that, it runs very quietly. Also, no exhaust fume is produced.
Moreover, for safety, they include surge and short circuit operation, temperature control, and overcharge protection.
So, considering different facts and points, we are listing this Rockpals 250W as the best battery generator for camping in our list.
- Produce no exhaust fumes.
- It can be charged in three ways.
- No fuel is required.
- It doesn’t support pass-through charging.
- It can’t charge devices with more than 300W.
This portable generator is good for camping, fishing, hunting, and also serves as a great emergency backup during power outages.
10. Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160 Generator.
- Jackery Explorer 160 is mainly a solar-powered generator. But it also can be charged in the other two ways.
- It has a built-in LED flashlight and an LCD screen to track charge and discharge state and remaining power left.
- This generator is equipped with 1 USB-C port, 2 USB-A ports, a standard DC 12V port, and an AC inverter.
At last, we have picked up a very cute size generator for you. It is the amazing Jackery Explorer 160 generator. It is ultra-lightweight that weighs around 3.84 pounds and has dimensions of 7.4 x 4.5 x 6.7 inches.
This portable power station is probably the smallest and the lightest battery generator on many e-market sites.
It comes with a built-in handle for the ease of carrying. So, you can move it anywhere you need power.
The Explorer 160 features a lithium-ion battery pack that has a capacity of 46,400 mah/3.6V. So, you need no extra fuel or gas to run your generator. Besides, it doesn’t even produce exhaust fume. And it is even quieter when operates your electronic devices.
This portable generator is specially designed to charge up your small essential devices such as phone, tablet, laptop, CPAP machine, drone, camera, led lights, go pro, and some other smaller electronics.
The Jackery Explorer 160 features the following power connection points:
- 1 USB-C port (5V 3A),
- 2 USB-A ports (5V 2.4A),
- A standard DC 12V port(12V/7A),
- An AC inverter of 60Hz 110V 100W 150W Peak.
It has a built-in LED flashlight so you can see things around you at night. Plus, it also features an LCD screen that shows the remaining power, the current status of the charge. Moreover, 3 buttons come with a light indicator.
Similarly, like the previous generator, you can charge this one in three ways. Such as:
- Solar panel: You need to buy a compatible solar charger to charge your unit using the sun. So, the recommended one is the Jackery SolarSaga 60W charger. Besides, your generator will get fully charged in 5 hours under the full straight sun.
- Car socket: The generator also gets fully charge in 5-6 hours when plugged into a car socket.
- Wall socket: Similarly, takes around 5 hours to complete the charging of your generator.
For your safety and consciousness, the Jackery has added some features like battery management system (BMS) that enable short circuit protection, temperature control, voltage control, and more advanced safety procedure.
So, all these amazing features and especially its size has convinced us to list it as the best small portable generator. You can try it if you are not a big fan of carrying a large generator with you.
- A reliable generator for running small appliances.
- No production of toxic energy.
- You can’t charge more than 100W devices.
It is a nice and quiet generator that can be taken to camping, fishing, hunting, or any other outdoor activities.
11 Safety Tips for Camping Generator:
A generator may feel like an explosive bomb if you don’t how to use it properly with safety measures. So, to ease your worries and to make you smart in handling the generator like a pro, we got you some important safety tips. If you follow them properly then we hope your generator will run safe and sound for years. Alright, let’s dig inside!
1. Read the instruction manual:
First of all, gather some patience and read the owner’s manual instructions that are provided with your portable generator. Every generator has its own sets of instructions for safety tips. So, don’t miss out on any points of information and follow them accordingly.
2. Placing generator:
Expert suggests placing your generator in an open space because some generators produce toxic carbon monoxide and in confined places, the situation gets worse. God forbids, you may die out of suffocation. Thus, it is good to place the generator 20 yards away from your living space. Since you are taking the portable generator in your camping then place it in a dry surface under the solid canopy to prevent rain or sun.
3. Cool it down:
Always, shut off the portable generator and allow it to cool down before pouring any fuel into it. The generator and some parts of it get heated when operating for a long time. At that time, if you try to pour gasoline then it will explode into flame causing you acute injury and burn. Besides, the generator will also get damaged in the process.
4. Teach your kids:
Teach your kids about the danger of generator so they will maintain their distance from it. Also, try to instruct your pets to stay away from the generator.
5. Keep your eyes on:
There are several kinds of products around the campsite. Keep them away from the generator. Especially sleeping bags or foam sleeping pad should be kept afar as they are easily flammable.
Avoid plugging your generator directly into the wall socket because it can send back power down the utility lines. This process is called “back-feed”. So, the technicians working to get the power back on the line may get electrocuted or sometimes it harms your generator or can even catch fire.
7. Holding generator:
Always use the generator with a clean and dry hand. Keep the surface around the generator well ventilated and dry. Avoid the clogging of water beneath the generator surface. Keep it away from the direct contact of sun and rain. Also, take necessary measures to avoid the build-up of moisture.
8. Using cords:
In portable generators, we use cords that will run from the generator to the appliances we will be using. So, make sure you use a heavy-duty extension cord and best if you buy the all-weather cord for safer use of the generator. Besides, if you are running two generators of the same brand for parallel capability then you can try having some special types of cord.
It is advised to never smoke near fuel or generator. Because it is very dangerous and can cause a fire.
10. Do not expect more:
A portable generator is a backup for your main electricity. So, try to understand that and prioritize the appliances you need more when operating them with a generator. Because overloading generator not only damages itself but also cause damage to your appliances.
11. Dress up:
When turning on the generator, try to wear plastic shoes to avoid electrocution accidentally. Also, properly ground your portable generator to avoid the harm of electrocution.
Taking Care of Generator: 10 Tips
Let’s get practical here, generators are expensive and you are not going to buy it again and again. Since it is a lifetime investment so you have to be careful about it. With proper maintenance, your generator will serve for years. So, let us have a quick look at some points about taking care of the generator.
Basic 5 tips:
- Charge up your generator occasionally. Otherwise, the starter battery will die if it stays inactive for a longer time.
- Fuel can get stale in a few weeks. So, drain it for better use. Also, to keep your fuel fresh try adding a fuel stabilizer in your stored gas
- Place your generator in level ground and outside of your house. Avoid storing it in your garage or any confined area in your home.
- Every 6-7 months, bring a technician in your home to inspect any issue in your generator. Some matters are best handled by an expert.
- Dust, moss, or pollution can accumulate in your generator surface if it is not used for days. And these small pollutants can hamper the smooth functioning of some key components. So, dust out your generator regularly. Also, to keep it protected try buying extra cover for the generator. The cover has some qualities like water-resistance, weather-proof, etc.
Advanced 5 tips:
- Looks out for loose cords, connection, or damaged switch. Once found, repair them immediately.
- Stock up some extra fuel for emergency use. So, you don’t have to go through the market in search of the right oil during a heavy storm.
- Your generator can get potentially damaged if it is out of gas. This is more likely to happen in a low-priced generator where they put out power when shutting down. While the electrical load in your house drains the magnetic field from the generator coil. Thus, your generator may start but won’t produce power. That’s why never keep your fuel tank vacant. Also, remove the electrical load before turning off the generator.
- Charge your battery before heading to camp if it has an electric start. So, you don’t have to take any trouble with charging while camping.
- Set your generator in a place where it doesn’t come in contact with water or rain. Plus, avoid keeping it under the contact of direct sun. Keep it in a cool, dry, and air location.
The generator is a great power backup when you are far away from home without any electricity. Always remember, a generator with proper care and safety can give you the best output for years. Also, prioritize your most needed appliance first and don’t use all at a time.
Since it is a lifetime investment so choose your one wisely. And for your convenience, we have already provided the best generator for camping. These are excellent and you have read them. So, it’s your call now. Good luck!