Going on a camping trip? How can you not carry a good knife along? It is not a surprise that a knife is an essential camping gear. And it comes handy for multi-purpose camping tasks such as cooking, splitting firewood, hunting, fishing, protection, first-aid, survival, and whatever reasons you have. Now, for you, we have picked some amazingly functional best camping knife under 50 dollar. Yes, you read me right! Only at 50$ or less, you can get a knife that can be used for cooking, cutting ropes, survival multi-tool, camp kitchen, pocket knife, and many more. So, stick with us, you never know what best deals are waiting ahead for you.
10 Best Camping Knife Under 50 Reviews
We have reviewed each single camping knife and found these 4 overall best camping knife under 50 dollar. It is also important to inform you that our buying guide at the end will answer your all questions and queries regarding a knife. Go and read it if you are confused or have any question.
5 things to know before buying a knife:
There are different varieties of knives available in the market depending on your camping tasks. But going through them can be a hectic job. Now, what is your needs can make your purchase a whole lot easier. Isn’t it? So, for your ease, we have given some points in the following. It can help you to consider a few things before buying a knife. Alright, have a look!
- Stainless steel knives are highly resistant to rust so you can wash it with fresh water, pat it dry and store it away without fearing corrosion. These types of knives are good for food preparation. Besides, the blade made with stainless steel is considered as the best camping knives.
- High Carbon Steel knives have more durability than the Stainless Steel one. You can easily sharpen it since it has an edge that stays sharp. However, they are more likely to get rusted. So, you will have to oil them frequently.
- Do you often have to face wilderness survival situations? Then you can consider having a fixed, non-folding knife with full tang design.
- If you are a newbie with handling knife, then don’t put yourself at risk having a pointy tip and long blade knife. Instead, you can try a folding camping knife for safety.
- Lastly, you can consider getting a survival multi-tool knife if you have to perform various camping tasks like splitting firewood, cutting ropes, clearing bushes, removing vines, etc.
Apart from that, you can have your own consideration. So, think carefully and you will see what type of knife you need. Okay, folks time to introduce you with our top selected 10 best camping knives under 50$. Are you excited? Cool, let’s see them!
List of 10 best camping knife under 50
1. Kershaw 10-inch Carbon Steel Fixed Blade Knife– Black powdercoat includes molded sheath, but expensive.
2. Smith & Wesson Extreme OPS 7.1 in Serrated Clip Point Blade– Top seller and best budget camping knife.
3. Mossy Oak 15-inch Fixed Blade Survival knife– Best fixed blade camping knife with comfortable rubber handle.
4. Morakniv Fixed Blade Sandvik Stainless Outdoor Knife– Top seller best camp kitchen knife comes in 9 colors.
5. Grand Way Spring Assisted Folding Knife– Tactical best camping pocket knife under 20 dollar only.
6. KINGMAX Multi-tool Tactical Pocket Knife– Daily useable 9-in-1 multi-tool is best camping cooking knife.
7. QuntionSt Camping Gear 16-in-1 Multi-tool Knife– Best survival multi tool is ideal gift for men, husband or dad.
8. ALBATROSS 6-in-1 Folding Pocket Knife– This cheap camping knife offers LED light, opener and fire starter.
9. Atomic Bear Serrated Stainless Steel Folding Knife– Ideal for Hunting, Fishing, Hiking, Camping and Climbing.
10. Victorinox Swiss Army Multi-Tool Huntsman Pocket Knife– Top rated best survival multi tool under 30 only.
1. Kershaw 10-inch Carbon Steel Fixed Blade Camp Knife
- Kershaw is a 10-inch long blade knife and it has a full tang handle that is covered with non-slip rubber over-mold. This feature provides a secure contoured grip, a nice handguard, and a functional front-back lanyard hole.
- The knife is made of 65 Mn Carbon tool steel and has a black powder-coat finish for more rigidity and effortless blade maintenance.
- It comes with a molded sheath that protects your other items in the bag while storing it and has nylon straps and lashing points for the ease of carrying.
If you are searching for a large high-performance blade knife, then you should not miss this Kershaw knife. Because it is considered as one of the best fixed blade camping knife for its durability, versatile design, security, and efficiency.
Besides, it is pretty much lightweight that weighs around 8.0 ounces and has a length of 10 inches and dimensions of 6” x 1” x 1”.
The knife is made with synthetic 65 Mn Carbon tool steel and has a black powder coat in it. This enhances the toughness of the knife, provides good wear resistance, and make its cleaning and maintenance a piece of cake for you.
The Kershaw knife has a full tang handle that is wrapped in an anti-slip rubber over-mold. It allows you to have a contoured grip that prevents slipping. Also, it provides you built-in hand guard and front and back lanyard holes for hanging purposes.
A molded sheath is provided with this knife for protection during storage. Plus, it features a nylon strap and lashing points for a versatile carrying facility.
Kershaw knife will be an incredible option for hunters, landscapers, trail maintenance screw or survivalists, etc. Anyone can use this knife for hardcore activities like peeling bark, clearing away tough vines, splitting firewood, removing bushes or small trees, etc.
- Versatile construction.
- Perfect for a wildlife adventure.
- Looks like we haven’t found any.
2. Smith & Wesson Extreme OPS 7.1 in Serrated Clip Point Blade
- The blade of the Smith and Wesson Extreme Ops is made of durable 7Cr17MoV Black Oxide High Carbon Stainless Steel.
- It is a folding camping knife that has quick and easy access due to the thumb studs. You can reliably use it with the protection of the liner lock.
- The handle is made of Aluminum and features textured material and finger indentation that offers a solid and comfortable grip.
We are discussing best camping knife under 50 dollar but this tiny camping knife is around only 10 dollar. Smith and Wesson Knife is an extremely lightweight folding camping knife. It weighs around 3.5 ounces and has dimensions of 4” x 0.3” x 1”. Probably that’s why you can carry it in your hand or pocket comfortably. Besides, some experts say that the knife has an overall length of 7.1” where the blade is 3.1”. The knife handle is designed with fine Aluminum that has excellent finger indentation for a secure and comfortable grip. This knife has strategically placed jimping in its handle.
Its blade is made of strong 7Cr17MoV Black Oxide High Carbon Stainless Steel. Plus, the blade has a 3.1 inch partially serrated clip point. It can precisely cut through any substance. What I liked most is the feature of ambidextrous thumb knobs or thumb studs. It offers you easy and quick access to the knife with a single hand. You can also flip open the knife with the simple press of your index finger.
For your safety, this knife also features a liner lock that prevents the slippage of the blade out of the handle. Now, a pocket clip is also featured in this folding knife to store it in your backpack for ease of use.
Well, the Smith and Wesson Folding Camping Knife is meant for rugged and continuous use. It will provide you a good service for years. So, if you regularly perform any extensive outdoor activities like cutting, slicing, splitting, etc. Then this knife will be a good option for you. Besides, it is a cheap camping knife in our review. So, you can get all these amazing qualities of a knife at an economical price.
- Almost cut any substance.
- No complaint we could make for this camping knife.
3. Mossy Oak 15-inch Fixed Blade Survival knife
- Mossy Oak has a razor-sharp clip point blade that has black anodize and back saw that is perfect for survival training or camping quest.
- This knife is made of 440 Carbon Stainless Steel that provides great strength, enhanced edge retention, and rust-resistance.
- A soft rubber knife handle is designed to offer you high friction and comfortable non-slip grip.
Looking for the best survival multi tool camping knife? Then how can we not introduce you with the excellent Mossy Oak Survival Knife?
The Mossy Oak’s blade is made of strong 440 Carbon Stainless Steel. Plus, it is a razor-sharp clip point blade for precision cutting. Where this black anodize blade features a saw back with a partially serrated spine. Due to this, your knife will stay durable with edge retention and rust-resistant for years.
Its handle is designed with soft TPR rubber that gives you high friction and non-slip grip. Besides, the knife handle delivers an excellent cutting pressure and stable hold in your hand. So, you can easily handle the knife and can precisely cut anything.
This Mossy Oak camping knife comes with a heavy-duty Nylon sheath for easy and safe carry. As a bonus, you are getting a fire starter and a sharpener that is perfect for hunting, dressing purpose, outdoor camping, or other versatile use.
So, with all these great features this survival knife weighs a bit more and it is 16.8 ounces. It has an overall length of 15 inches where the blade is 10” and the handle is 5”. The thickness of the knife is 3.8mm. It is perfect for all sorts of outdoor sports, hunting, camping activities, or surviving conditions.
- Heavy-duty knife.
- The smooth handle offers a secure grip.
- Perfect for using as survival multi-tool.
- Made with high-quality materials.
- A little bit weighty.
4. Morakniv Fixed Blade Sandvik Stainless Outdoor Knife
- The Morakniv Companion knife blade is made with Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel that provides great edge performance. While it also stays sharper than the carbon steel and less prone to rust.
- This knife handle is designed with a patterned high-friction grip that is non-slip and gives a great performance in wet and cold conditions.
- It includes a hard-plastic sheath to keep the knife guarded and the belt clip of the sheath offers easy carrying and a drain hole.
In the list of best camping knife under 50 the Morakniv Companion is an all in one fixed blade camping knife that delivers you the facility of food prep, cutting wood, carving tinder for fire, etc.
You will get a 4.1” Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel blade. This blade is made of high-quality Swedish steel that is razor-sharp and incredibly strong. The cool thing is this knife is mainly designed for outdoor and marine use where it is highly prone to dirt and moisture. As I said before, stainless steel is more corrosion resistant than carbon steel. So, you can safely use it for a long time. Again, if you want to enhance corrosion resistance, then you should clean and oil the knife blade frequently.
Well, the knife has a blade thickness of 2.5 mm and a total length of 8.6”. The weight is average which is 4.1 ounces and comes in a dimension of 9.2” x 1.8” x 1.4”.
The handle of this Morakniv knife structures high-friction grip material that sits comfortably in your hand. Also, provides great stability, control, and performance especially in wet and cold conditions. The Morakniv Companion Knives always provides color-matching hard plastic sheath for secure storage. There is a belt clip for drain hole and ease of carrying.
This knife is perfect for carving thins slices of veggies, fish, meats, and many more camping food items. So, it delivers a good performance for the food preparation in camping. Moreover, its razor-sharp blade cut down wood, carve tinder or chop small limb perfectly. So, it will help you a lot in making a good bonfire in the camp. Considering overall things, this Morakniv Companion knife is the best camp kitchen knife in our review.
- Perfectly slices thin pieces of fish, meat, or vegetables.
- Razor-sharp blade chops off limb, tinder, or wood.
- Durable design.
- The sheath is made of hard plastic and offers easy carrying.
- Its handle provides great stability, control, and performance.
- Haven’t found any yet.
5. Grand Way Spring Assisted Tactical Pocket Folding Knife
- The knife features a folding spring assisted opening blade that is made with 440C stainless steel. It is razor-sharp and gives good resistance to corrosion.
- It has a liner lock that is rust- and dirt-resistant and prevents unwanted exposure. So, it helps to keep your knife’s blade secure.
- This Grand Way knife features thumb studs that enable ambidextrous use and a pocket clip is given to carry it easily.
This pocket knife’s blade is black coated with 440C stainless steel for striking a perfect balance between strength and rust resistance. While it also ensures proper performance without sharpening. The blade offers a razor shape cutting operation and superior durability.
Besides, the knife comes with a folding spring assisted opening blade. It also features a liner lock to keep the blade secure and avoid unexpected exposure. Also, it is rust-resistant. Its handle is made of durable Aluminum material.
The knife is studded with thumb knob for right- and left-hand use. And there is a pocket clip in the knife that can be clipped anywhere for the ease of carrying.
Here, the knife has a total length of 7.75” where the blade is 3.42”. It has an average weight of 4.40 ounces or 125 gm. The hardness of the knife is rated between 57-58 HRC.
Grand Way brings you a great tactical pocket knife that can perform an excellent job in wide fields. Such as Military & Army needs, Survival, Hunting & Fishing, Backpack Bush crafting, Outdoor and DIY Activities, Self-Defense, and Emergencies. It is a multi-functional pocket folding knife that offers you high-quality, durability, safety, great solid look, and sharpest straight edge performance.
Assuming overall things, it is the best camping pocket knife in our review. You can gift this to your father, brother, guy friend, or someone special. Guys will totally love such kind of gift.
- Solid construction.
- You can have it for versatile use.
- It comes with 10-years of warranty.
- Resistant to corrosion.
- No complaint found for this awesome knife.
6. KINGMAX Multi-tool Tactical Pocket Knife
- KINGMAX features a 9-in-1 Screwdriver set. It also includes One-word Screwdriver, Regular Plier, Wire Cutter, Can Opener, Bottle Opener, Needle Nose Pliers, Screwdriver Bit Adapter, and a Serrated Knife.
- The knife blade is made with high-quality carbon and chromium 440C stainless steel. It is 3.1 inches and comes with a treatment of 55 HRC hardness.
- This knife is designed for safe use. So, the blade is locked when open and you need to press the liner lock to unlock the blade for folding.
Do you want the best multi tool knife for camping under $20 only? Isn’t it great to have everything you need available in one place? Such a multi-tool tactical pocket knife has brought to you by KINGMAX. The knife is durable, stylish-looking, and its compact size will save your space. So, obviously, we seek for a quick-to-go knife in our camping. Right?
In this knife you are getting five functions of knife/saw, opener, can opener, pliers, and a 9-in-1 screwdriver set. And you are getting all these cool things with a knife at an affordable price. That’s why we are labeling this KINGMAX pocket knife as the best budget camping knife in our review.
This multi-tool pocket knife is built with premium carbon and chromium 440C stainless steel. It ensures superior strength and good resistance against corrosion or rust. With all these features this knife weighs a bit heavy that is 7.7 ounces. While it has a total length of 7.6 inches and the blade length is 3.1 inches. The blade has given the treatment of 55 HRC hardness. Also, it is sharper due to the black oxide Aluminum coating and you can almost anything precisely with confidence. Overall, this KINGMAX multi-tool knife sports a sleek and stealth look.
As I said earlier, the knife is designed to prevent you from getting hurt and ensure safe use. There is a liner lock in the knife that locks the blade when it is open. If you want to fold the blade, you have to press the liner lock to unlock the blade to close it. Plus, it has thumb studs to flip open the blade that promotes ambidextrous use.
The knife handle is grooved and ergonomically designed to ensure an easy and comfortable grip. A durable nylon pouch with a belt clip is provided so you can carry all the multi-tool easily.
The knife’s application is not limited to cutting, slicing, chopping, etc. But it is a great tool for a house or office use, various DIY projects, furniture improvement work and outdoor activities like camping, fishing, or hiking, etc.
- Ensure safe use.
- Easy to carry.
- Stylish look.
- A bit heavy.
7. QuntionSt Camping Gear 16-in-1 Multi-tool Knife
- 16-in-1 multi-tools included in this QuntionSt camping gear that will offer you a versatile application.
- It comes with a nylon sheath for the ease of carrying and the whole kit is insect-proof.
- The QuntionSt multi-tool kit is made of stainless steel and uses the Black Oxide coating as the main part. It has a red anodized handle that gives a stable and easy grip.
So, are you over with the goodness of the previous multi-tool knife? Because this time, I have got another great multi-tool knife from QuntionSt that will blow your mind. It is 16-in-1 multi-tool camping gear. Insane, right? This includes the following parts:
- Knife, Wire Cutter, Hammer, Axe.
- Regular Pliers, Flat Jaw Plier, Bottle Opener.
- File, Slotted Screwdriver, Plier Handle.
- Fish Descaler, Wood Saw, Assorted Hex Wrench.
- Spring, Tail Lock, Philips Screwdriver.
Phew, wait a minute! Let me catch a breath. Could you imagine you have all these 16 options in a camping knife under 50 only?
Alright, so you are getting all the goodness of Multi-tool in one place. You can say this QuntionSt multi-tool knife set can replace a whole toolbox set. It weighs around 15 ounces and I guess not that weighty for such a heavily packed camping gear. While it has dimensions of 6.8″ X 3.5″ X 0.9.
The QuntionSt is providing you heavy-duty camping gear. It is built with stainless steel and features the Black Oxide coating as the main part. The handle is made of red anodized aluminum and it gives you a comfortable and stable grip. It is easier to use and strong enough to cut, saw wood, hammer a nail, pry, open fire hydrant, twist the screw and open cans, etc.
The whole camping gear is easily carried with its included nylon sheath and the whole kits are insect proof. You can use this camping gear for tactic, camping, hiking, camping, and houses and office use.
Well, in my opinion, it is so far the best survival multi tool camping knife under 50 that can offer you versatile use. And you can gift this special thing someone close to your heart, a good friend or your family member.
- All-in-one use.
- Insect proof.
- You might have a compromised knife.
8. ALBATROSS 6-in-1 Tactical Military Folding Pocket Knife
- ALBATROSS is a 6-in-1 Survival tactical folding knife that weighs around 0.15 kg and it is safe to use.
- It also features a liner locking system for safety purposes and designed to fit perfectly in your palm.
- There is an LED light in the knife that runs by 4 batteries of size LR621 and it also works as a strong tail hammer.
This time I have brought to you a cool EDC Military Tactical Folding Knife from ALBATROSS. It is a 6-in-1 multi-functional folding knife that includes a knife, seatbelt cutter, glass breaker, magnesium fire starter, bottle opener, and an LED flashlight.
The folding knife is made of high-quality stainless steel and black finish coating. It is sharp, abrasion-resistant, and super strong. The handle is built with premium quality Aluminum Oxide that is durable and feels great to touch. Blade of this knife combines with flat and serrated point performs well in all types of situations.
For your safety, this folding knife also comes with a liner locking function. The knife’s tail is armed with a magnesium stick that helps to lit fire in outdoor.
You can knock off or smash any glass with its strong tail hammer. So, it is better to keep one in the car for an emergency.
Like I said before, the knife features a mini LED flashlight that is IPX-6 life waterproof grade and you can use it any harsh situations. It runs by 4 batteries of LR621 size. You can open the flashlight by pulling it out of the compartment. Then unscrew the bulb and eject the black round piece of plastic by tapping it gently in your hand. To turn off the flashlight you can unscrew about ½ turn.
Besides, you can use this knife as a lid opener and an emergency rope cutter. It comes with a pocket clip for the convenience of carrying.
- LED Flashlight helps you to see at night.
- Nothing found.
9. Atomic Bear Serrated Stainless Steel Folding Knife
- The Atomic Bear is made of high-quality 420B stainless steel and has a coating of a black oxide layer.
- Its serrated blade has a fine edge that will pierce through almost anything and let you cut through tough material with ease and quickly.
- The handle is designed in a beautiful skeleton style and has a fine G-10 texture that ensures a secure and confident grip in any hand.
This is the best folding camping knife under 50 dollar only. Get your job done perfectly with this amazing serrated folding knife from The Atomic Bear. It has a super sharp blade that is made of premium 420B stainless steel and coated with a black oxide layer. Plus, the knife will rust-resistant due to the material used in it. The fine edge of this semi-serrated blade can even pierce, slice, or cut through the toughest materials easily.
This knife is appreciated for its edge retention so you won’t need to sharpen it too often. Moreover, the sharpness of the blade will stay for a longer duration.
The handle of this knife is beautifully designed in skeleton style and it offers you the G10 texture. So, that you can securely hold it with more confidence. It is very light and also rust-resistant. This handle is molded in such a way that it fits almost all hand sizes. There are multiple dents in this knife’s handle and its special texture will allow you to have a firm grip even in wet conditions.
For your safety, they included the liner lock system. Besides, there are thumb studs on both sides of the knife so you can flick open the knife with one hand easily.
Apart from these, this folding knife has multiple details and ergonomic features. Such as finger guard, thumb groove, and multiple dented area. You can grip this knife in both forward or reverse direction.
So, talking about details features, they have used phosphor bronze washer to ensure greater durability of the opening function and better stability of the blade. And with this serrated SWAT blade, you can cut the rope, wood, fish, fishing line, cardboard, deer, seatbelt, etc.
Thankfully, this knife also comes with a lifetime warranty. The Atomic Bear Knives are highly praised for their innovative design and versatility.
- Safe to use.
- Offers a confident grip.
- Sharp blade almost requires no sharpening.
- Lifetime Warranty.
- Gives firm control even in wet conditions.
- Too sharp, might cut your fingers if you are not an expert.
10. Victorinox Swiss Army Multi-Tool Huntsman Pocket Knife
- The Victorinox Swiss Army Knife set is made of high-quality stainless steel and it offers a slimmer profile.
- This Swiss knife comes with 15 different functions. It also includes a wood saw and scissors.
- Its blade has a durable precision-honed sharpened edge that makes your cut clean, accurate, and resist corrosion.
For the last product of our list of best camping knife under 50 we have picked up the legendary Swiss Army Knife from Victorinox. It is made of high-quality stainless steel and comes with 15 different tools for particular tasks. And their names are given in the following:
- Reamer, Wood saw, Tweezers, Toothpick, Large blade.
- Small blade, Wire stripper, Scissors, Cap lifter, Screwdriver.
- Small screwdriver, Multi-purpose hook, Keyring, Corkscrew, Can opener.
It is crazy that you are getting all the benefits of multi-tool camping gear in a lightweight around 3.4 ounces. While the length is 3.6” and height is 0.8”. So, it is pretty compact and offers a slimmer profile. You can carry it almost everywhere without compromising your space. Plus, it is a great gift idea for your loved ones.
So, the blades are durable and come with a precision-honed sharpened edge. It makes your cutting precise, clean, and nice. Thus, stay prepared with its knife to cut vegetables, fruits, gut a fish, etc. You can even carve your initials into a tree or shave tinder for the fire.
The Swiss’s screwdriver has versatile applications and gives you a smooth performance in every professional task. It is designed to assist you in varieties of work such as furniture, automotive, home appliances, and many more.
With its sharp scissor, you can make tough cuts with strength and control. Its scissor will fit perfectly in your palm and won’t sleep. Typically, this scissor can be used to trim leaves, cutting tags, ropes, clipping coupons, etc.
There is a can opener made of strong and sturdy stainless steel that performs functions like opening tuna fish can, soda, soft drinks, Coca-Cola, etc. It is also a great tool for home use.
The Victorinox is also providing a lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship for its customer satisfaction. It is also available in multiple colors so you can pick your fav one.
- Multi-purpose tool.
- Extremely corrosion-resistant.
- Haven’t found any except the price. It’s a bit expensive.
Best camping knife under 50 buying guide:
Now, in this section, I will be telling you some essential buying guide for a camping knife or multi-tool. Well, there are different kinds of knife or multi-tool available in the market depending on their designs, styles, sizes, shapes, and materials, etc. But ultimately, you are going to choose the knife as per your desired use and tasks. So, to get the perfect knife and avoid getting cheated by the seller, a pro traveler should learn some basic ideas of a knife or multi-tool. Okay, then get ready to become a smart buyer.
Dedicated knife or Multi-tool?
You need to ask yourself a question and it is “Do I need a dedicated camping knife or a multi-purpose tool?“. You see, a multi-tool consists of other gadgets including a knife. Thus, a knife doesn’t perform the main function there. Besides, the knife used even in the highest-quality of a Multi-tool is not that strong and its blade will get blunted after a few uses. Whereas, a single camping knife will give you a dedicated performance since it has a strong blade and reliable frame. A camping knife alone can handle some serious stress than a multi-tool. Now, you know the best what is important to you. Our list of best camping knife under 50 dollar covered top 3 multi-tools. Go and check them above.
Fixed blade or Folding knife?
All the buyers out there should know a single knife doesn’t suit every task. Now, should they be carrying every type of knife with them? No, that’s an absurd idea. But, with some mindful thinking, you can choose the single knife that will go with most of your activities. Okay, suppose you need more security and portability then a folding or pocket knife will be a nice option for you. It won’t consume much space and travel friendly for daily use. Besides, the knife’s sharp edge stays protected inside the handle. However, they don’t provide much stability and ergonomic facility like a fixed-blade knife. Whereas, the fixed blade knife offers additional strength, stability, ergonomic comfort, and easy cleaning. But it will weigh a bit more, consume much space and for safety, you need to cover it sheath while carrying.
Some certain knife features make it more appealing and easier for people to use. Such a kind is the locking blade knife. Using it, you can get the facility of both a fixed blade knife and a folding knife. It stays locked into place like a fixed blade knife when not in use. Again, you can fold it down for portable and secure carrying. We have reviewed top 3 fixed blade knives in this best camping knife under 50 article. Go and check above.
Folding knife: Switch or Manual?
Okay, now in folding blades there are some varieties. Such as one-handed opening and assisted opening. Now, in a one-handed opening knife, you can quickly open the knife. It offers a smooth folding mechanism and features a stud and notch on the blade, making it easy to flip open the knife with your thumb. Again, you can use your both hands while using an ambidextrous knife. Now, an assisted opening knife is super smart as it employs and fully opens the knife. It features a safety lock that detaches the mechanism when the knife is folded inside the handle.
Knife handle: Plastic, wooden, or rubber?
A knife handle should have a stable grip and feels nice in your hands. So, it is designed to suit your desired work, creative tastes, and texture. There are multiple types of knife handle such as plastic, stainless steel and aluminum, wooden, and rubber handles. Well, plastic handle works fine, cheap, and can resist water damage but they are likely to slip. Whereas, if you choose a rubber handle then you will have good resistance to water damage but they won’t be much durable. Again, for durability, you can go with the stainless steel and aluminum handle but they will also slip from your hand. Lastly, if you are looking for a handle that a stable grip and looks nice, then go for a wooden handle. However, they will get damaged by water over time.
Knife blade: The key fact
Now, there are also several blade types such as Sheepfoot and Santuko, drop-point, clip-point, tanto, needlepoint, and spear point. The Sheepfoot Santuko blade is ideal for food preparation. Since it has the spine that rounds off steeply to the point and the cutting edge goes straight from the handle to the point. Thus, this shape helps to cut, chop, or slice easily and avoid getting injured due to the piercing with a point. A drop point blade has a thick point is strong and offers versatile use. This blade’s spine slides toward the tip and makes a shape that avoids accidental leakage. If you want to perform detailed work with a knife then there’s no match of a clip point blade. It has a crescent drop on the top of the blade that makes a thin and crisp point. Besides, it is perfect for enhanced grip control and puncturing. However, not so strong as the drop-point blade. Tanto blades are durable, they have an angular tip and a strong point that provides extra power for piercing, scraping, and prying hard materials. Lastly, the needlepoint and spear point is double-faced edge blades with symmetrical points. It is perfect for survival, and mainly designed for throwing and puncturing.
Okay, now time for me to give you some safety advice while a using camping knife. Here they are:
10 most important camping knife safety:
We know you have already chosen your knife from the list of best camping knife under 50 dollars. But that’s not the end! If you do not consider these top 10 knife safety you may fall in some major and serious injury. So why not taking some advance safety before falling any trouble.
1. Many of us are inclined to use the knife as a screwdriver, hammer, or any other tool. Avoid doing this, because it will damage the cutting edge and makes your knife blade dull. Plus, the knife may get bend twist, break off or snap and it can create a risky situation for you and others around.
2. You know, a sharp knife is far safer than a dull knife. Now you may ask how? Well, in a dull knife, you need to provide extra force to cut anything and it can result in losing your control that can accidentally cut your hands. Besides, the blade may break down which can cause further injury.
3. Proper maintenance of a knife can ensure its durability for a long time. Always, clean the entire knife frequently including its pivot point and locking mechanism. Without proper care, these parts get dull and don’t function properly. It is better to clean a knife with different types of spray or aerosol knife cleaning substance instead of submerging them in water or liquid.
4. For safety, always keep the knife out of your children’s reach. Store it in a dry and safe place. A lot of people, cover the knife with a sheath for a long time. It is not a good practice since sheath is mostly made from leather that can contain moisture next to your blade and further cause rusting.
5. When you notice the change in your blade’s color, then you are experiencing oxidation. The oxidation is the initial step towards rusting. If it is left unchecked then it will start rusting the blade. As a result, your blade will be damaged, chip away, and can infect the food when cutting with this knife.
6. Try to put force on a knife away from your body not toward it. Do not climb or run with the open knife instead store it inside your backpack securely.
7. When you are passing the knife to someone, always hand over the handle first. Never throw a knife towards anybody even it is well-covered.
8. Always, use the knife in a well-lighted space to avoid injury. Avoid using the knife on any electrical gadgets when it is connected to a power source.
9. Take professional help when your knife is damaged instead of mending it by yourself as it can get dangerous.
10. Lastly, by chance, if you injure yourself while using the knife, immediately take first aid or go for some medical expert’s assistance.
Well, all the knives you have seen today are best in their caliber and are highly demanding in the market. We have tried our best to put some amazing varieties of knives on this list. Now, it’s your time to think and figure out the best camping knife under 50 dollar for you. And I hope our review will be much helpful in your journey.
Thanks for reading. And do not forget to mention the knife you’re going to buy for your next camping/hiking/hunting or any outdoor activity.